Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coaching and management changes around the league

Started by herman, April 08, 2019, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee

Kind of happy about this. Every time I watched the Islanders, Lambert scared the shit out of me.

bustaheims

Yeah I'm sure this will go about as well as we all expect.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

L K

Maybe its just me but that Islanders roster sucks.  Coaching them to a 91 point pace over 1.5 seasons seems like exceeding expectations rather than a reason to fire him.   

That being said, Lou is 10,000 years old and his roster construction is not the problem.  They probably just need sharper razors to make sure there is no facial hair or sideburns.

bustaheims

Quote from: L K on January 20, 2024, 04:52:28 PMMaybe its just me but that Islanders roster sucks.  Coaching them to a 91 point pace over 1.5 seasons seems like exceeding expectations rather than a reason to fire him.   

That being said, Lou is 10,000 years old and his roster construction is not the problem.  They probably just need sharper razors to make sure there is no facial hair or sideburns.

So many grinders. So many.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on January 20, 2024, 04:52:28 PMMaybe its just me but that Islanders roster sucks.  Coaching them to a 91 point pace over 1.5 seasons seems like exceeding expectations rather than a reason to fire him.   

Basically everything past their top line, top D pair, and top goalie is pretty bad. Those handful of players are really good though.

cw

Lou seems to be trying to squeeze a few extra points to get them into the playoffs.
Ilses were slumping 2-6-2 in their last 10

7 teams, including our Leafs, are fighting for 3 playoff spots.

herman

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 20, 2024, 04:03:15 PMHerman stop falling for fake tweets.

Wait, what?

I triple checked!

Roy ran a really good Remparts squad though

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on January 20, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 20, 2024, 04:03:15 PMHerman stop falling for fake tweets.

Wait, what?

I triple checked!

Roy ran a really good Remparts squad though

Honestly I think he's deserving of another look.

Bender

Quote from: Deebo on February 15, 2024, 09:32:20 AMhttps://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1758136906100162646

Wow! I always wondered when that was going to happen but he's been there so long I didn't think it'd ever happen. He's had such a meh tenure. What a waste of ten years. Looking over the rosters they've had it's beyond sad that their best, longer term players could be Boone Jenner and Cam Atkinson.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender