Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coaching and management changes around the league

Started by herman, April 08, 2019, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee

I'd like to say I called it but that was obvious to anyone with half a brain. Why did they wait so long?

bustaheims

Quote from: Zee on December 18, 2023, 03:01:26 PMI'd like to say I called it but that was obvious to anyone with half a brain. Why did they wait so long?

I was wondering that, too. The season is basically lost now. At least they have a couple decent pieces to move at the deadline.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cw

Quote from: louisstamos on December 18, 2023, 02:18:28 PMMercifully...

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1736824934679425269

That pair can pass on great memories of playing the Leafs in the playoffs ..
But we probably won't have to worry about that this season.

From afar, I didn't mind what I saw of DJ Smith. Justifiably, I think the Sens were hoping for a better result this year.

Frank E

Quote from: bustaheims on December 18, 2023, 04:23:27 PM
Quote from: Zee on December 18, 2023, 03:01:26 PMI'd like to say I called it but that was obvious to anyone with half a brain. Why did they wait so long?

I was wondering that, too. The season is basically lost now. At least they have a couple decent pieces to move at the deadline.

I don't think they had an heir apparent...so they go get Martin and let him figure out where the bathroom is before they throw him into the fire as soon as he found it.

bustaheims

Quote from: Frank E on December 18, 2023, 04:49:00 PMI don't think they had an heir apparent...so they go get Martin and let him figure out where the bathroom is before they throw him into the fire as soon as he found it.

That's usually it something that stops teams from making the necessary move. But, as we all know, the sens do things their own way.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Frank E

Quote from: herman on December 18, 2023, 06:20:27 PMTheir goalies cratered
https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1736815031365644453

Boy is that quite the telling graph, herman!

The bottom 5 teams are definitely underperforming vs. where we'd thought they'd be...and even most of the top 5 and 6 are simply overperforming just the same. 

Not going to lie...was glad to see the Leafs in the middle of this stat.

herman

Teams that cleared their coaches so far tend to be coming from the top of that graph. Teams at the bottom of the graph (over performing) will fall back towards the middle if they aren't already on that trajectory.

Leafs gathering points while generally getting middly goaltending is positive, but a good chunk could've swung the other way if it weren't for our offense. Haven't lost by more than 3 goals (ENs in there) so far.

herman

herman

CarltonTheBear

Herman stop falling for fake tweets.

Wait, what?