Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coaching and management changes around the league

Started by herman, April 08, 2019, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

herman

Peter D.

Quote from: herman on June 23, 2023, 09:33:41 AMLots of (former) Leafs landing on the bench

Man, I totally forgot Peca had a cup of coffee with the Leafs.

CarltonTheBear

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1672288539248082964

I know this was always a thing but is it just me or are former players getting A LOT more jobs this offseason than usual?

herman

Bender

Why does he look permanently confused in photos?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Peter D.

Quote from: Bender on June 23, 2023, 12:06:12 PMWhy does he look permanently confused in photos?

And kudos to him, in that when he was drafted at 18 he looked like he was in his 40s.  And now that he's in his 40s, he still looks it.

herman

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 23, 2023, 12:03:58 PMI know this was always a thing but is it just me or are former players getting A LOT more jobs this offseason than usual?

https://twitter.com/stlouisblues/status/1673330438817951750

herman

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1674580693563719683

I need Brad to splash that telecom layoff cash savings on picking this guy up. Just body every other team out of the way.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on June 29, 2023, 08:22:48 PMI need Brad to splash that telecom layoff cash savings on picking this guy up. Just body every other team out of the way.

Eh.... when was Tampa's last "great" draft?

Granted sure they've traded a lot of 1st rounders recently but Tampa's whole reputation as some drafting/development giant hasn't really shown much proof in a pretty long while. And sorta similar to the Leafs part of the reason they're trading so many 1sts for guys like Hagel and Jeannot is specifically because they don't have anyone coming in from their system to take those roles.

herman

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 30, 2023, 07:17:07 AM
Quote from: herman on June 29, 2023, 08:22:48 PMI need Brad to splash that telecom layoff cash savings on picking this guy up. Just body every other team out of the way.

Eh.... when was Tampa's last "great" draft?

Granted sure they've traded a lot of 1st rounders recently but Tampa's whole reputation as some drafting/development giant hasn't really shown much proof in a pretty long while. And sorta similar to the Leafs part of the reason they're trading so many 1sts for guys like Hagel and Jeannot is specifically because they don't have anyone coming in from their system to take those roles.

Hmm, you're right. I gotta update my priors.

2011-2016 looks good for them, Nick Perbix from 2017 is acquitting himself well in a shoddy situation.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on June 30, 2023, 08:20:31 AM2011-2016 looks good for them, Nick Perbix from 2017 is acquitting himself well in a shoddy situation.

Getting to play 80% of your minutes alongside one of Hedman or Sergachev doesn't seem like that bad of a situation to be in.

Tampa really shows how much of a crapshoot the draft can be. This is basically the same group that in a 4 year span found all of Vasi, Kucherov, Point, and Cirelli significantly later than they would have gone in re-drafts and since that group zero impact players.

Zee

Does Babcock have a news conference tomorrow where he has a smug grin, "I'm back, let's go!"