Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Avalanche @ Leafs - Jan. 14th, 7:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, January 13, 2019, 08:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: lc9 on January 14, 2019, 09:31:44 PM
Things going bad?  Play the leafs.   

If I'm Dubas, Babcock doesn't make it to Tampa.

Oh get real.  Let's not go stark raving crazy on our grief.

dekedastardly

Quote from: TML fan on January 14, 2019, 09:31:28 PM
I love how much the Leafs dump the puck in considering how allergic to physical play they are.

We beat them with our skill,... Oh wait....

Damian

Looks like Nylander is working hard to serve as a warning

dekedastardly

I noticed Willie tonight.... For about one period.

Guilt Trip

Please..its all Bab's fault.

BermudaBudsFan

Seems other teams have upped their games into the second half and this team hasn't.  Thinking they can win games with their skill.  At this rate they will be a wild card team.  That may be better because they certainly can't compete with Boston.  Another first round exit.

dekedastardly

Thank god the contract of Jake the Mistake is up after this season.

lc9

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on January 14, 2019, 09:33:33 PM

Step back for a minute. When has Babcock ever motivated this group to play above their head for any stretch?  They always under perform.  Even that aside, the lackluster play for most of the past 2 years is hard to watch. The leafs show up expecting to win just because they showed up.   And nothing ever changes.  PP changed players, but same dumb seam pass strategy remains.  Leafs refuse to play physical, yet employ a dump and chase game.  For the makeup of this team the entire game plan is obsurdly wrong.  This is bad coaching more than it's anythign else.

Quote from: BermudaBudsFan on January 14, 2019, 09:37:18 PM
Seems other teams have upped their games into the second half and this team hasn't.  Thinking they can win games with their skill.  At this rate they will be a wild card team.  That may be better because they certainly can't compete with Boston.  Another first round exit.

Every team has slumps but going 1-7 or whatever recently against playoff teams is a pretty sure sign of basic weaknesses that need to be addressed.

Zee

Overreaction Monday is it?

Quote from: lc9 on January 14, 2019, 09:39:18 PM

Step back for a minute. When has Babcock ever motivated this group to play above their head for any stretch?  They always under perform.  Even that aside, the lackluster play for most of the past 2 years is hard to watch. The leafs show up expecting to win just because they showed up.   And nothing ever changes.  PP changed players, but same dumb seam pass strategy remains.  Leafs refuse to play physical, yet employ a dump and chase game.  For the makeup of this team the entire game plan is obsurdly wrong.  This is bad coaching more than it's anythign else.

I get frustrated with Babcock too but honestly man, you don't do your credibility any favors by calling for the coach to be fired when the team is 28-15-2.  That isn't happening, and it shouldn't happen.

BermudaBudsFan

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on January 14, 2019, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: BermudaBudsFan on January 14, 2019, 09:37:18 PM

Every team has slumps but going 1-7 or whatever recently against playoff teams is a pretty sure sign of basic weaknesses that need to be addressed.
Agreed.  I think this collection of players seems to have difficulty taking their game to another level when required to match the intensity of the opponent.  It will be interesting to see the reaction against Tampa.  You know Babcock will be doing everything he can to motivate them.  If they have another poor performance I think there are serious concerns.

We really need Matthews and Tavares to step up.  They have not been good of late.

lamajama

Quote from: lamajama on January 14, 2019, 07:09:54 PM
Ok...I am optimistic the Av's will break out of their slump tonight....

The more I anticipate a great game by the Leafs the more they disappoint.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

dekedastardly

Where's the leadership gone? Marleau? Kadri? Tavares? I'm pretty sick of Bab's excuses. As for Gauthier, why is he still here? Surely someone at the farm could offer something more. I would like to see a shake up of some sort, Trevor Moore at least showed a bit of energy, moved his feet.

lc9

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on January 14, 2019, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: lc9 on January 14, 2019, 09:39:18 PM

I get frustrated with Babcock too but honestly man, you don't do your credibility any favors by calling for the coach to be fired when the team is 28-15-2.  That isn't happening, and it shouldn't happen.

Devils fired Ftorek with 9 games left in a season.  They were in similar playoff position. Went on to win the Stanley cup.   Leafs have a decent record because they have a lot of talent.  But the talent is under performing.   

Nylander 3 points in 17 games.  Matthews 1 goal in 10 games.  Gardiner playing the worst of his career.   Marner and Tavares have been really good, but even they still play with a lazy mindset too often.  This has to be the leafs physical team in the league and their entire game plan is geared toward a physical team.  There is good reason they continually get outplayed.