Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Armchair GM 2018-2019

Started by CarltonTheBear, March 08, 2018, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zee

Quote from: herman on March 25, 2019, 10:31:56 AM
Quote from: Highlander on March 25, 2019, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: herman on March 23, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
Tampa G prospect Connor Ingram is on the outs with the Front Office. We should definitely try to buy low here.

https://www.syracuse.com/poststandard/2019/03/syracuse-crunch-goalie-connor-ingram-returned-to-orlando.html
Wonder what the problem is?

Knowing Tampa, it's probably his weight.

QuoteIngram, a second-year pro, was demoted to Orlando a little more than two weeks ago for what the team termed an internal matter.

herman

#946
https://theleafsnation.com/2019/03/26/report-hurricanes-rhd-prospect-adam-fox-to-hit-free-agency/

Adam Fox was the top RHD prospect Calgary spun over to Carolina in the Dougie Hamilton trade. He's finishing up at Harvard, and while he would be a plum pick up, there's plenty of chatter pointing towards him following in Jimmy Vesey's skate tracks and heading to New York in 2020.

The Leafs should still definitely kick tires if he makes it to free agency. We're a hop-skip-and-jump away from his home town, we have a huge opening in his position so he could get NHL minutes right away, and we'd be in a position to win, spearheaded by a former teammate (or two) and one of the biggest stars to come out of the USNTDP.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Bill_Berg

Quote from: herman on March 27, 2019, 08:34:31 AM
https://theleafsnation.com/2019/03/26/report-hurricanes-rhd-prospect-adam-fox-to-hit-free-agency/

Adam Fox was the top RHD prospect Calgary spun over to Carolina in the Dougie Hamilton trade. He's finishing up at Harvard, and while he would be a plum pick up, there's plenty of chatter pointing towards him following in Jimmy Vesey's skate tracks and heading to New York in 2020.

The Leafs should still definitely kick tires if he makes it to free agency. We're a hop-skip-and-jump away from his home town, we have a huge opening in his position so he could get NHL minutes right away, and we'd be in a position to win, spearheaded by a former teammate (or two) and one of the biggest stars to come out of the USNTDP.

Yeah the watch will be on for this guy.

CarltonTheBear

#948
Trade Brown for Fox this offseason, then just show him a bunch of Matthews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander highlights.

Also play him a bunch of Zaitsev "highlights" to show how low the bar is for a RHD to get top-4 minutes here.

cabber24

#949
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 27, 2019, 10:14:29 AM
Also play him a bunch of Zaitsev "highlights" to show how low the bar is for a RHD to get top-4 minutes here.
Great strategy, "This guy sucks so bad and still gets 18 (correction 20:26) minutes of ice time a night! Look at him! He sucks! Surely you can play better than this plug."
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Bill_Berg

Quote from: cabber24 on March 27, 2019, 10:27:04 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 27, 2019, 10:14:29 AM
Also play him a bunch of Zaitsev "highlights" to show how low the bar is for a RHD to get top-4 minutes here.
Great strategy, "This guy sucks so bad and still gets 18 minutes of ice time a night! Look at him! He sucks! Surely you can play better than this plug."

And if you do play mildly well, we'll give you an eight-year deal!

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 27, 2019, 10:14:29 AM
Trade Brown for Fox this offseason, then just show him a bunch of Matthews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander highlights.

I was thinking along similar lines. He'd have a much easier path to the NHL with the Leafs than he will with Carolina right now, which, on top of everything else, might convince him to sign.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

AvroArrow

He'd still be an ELC, right? Max cap hit of 925k (ish)?

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

herman

https://theathletic.com/900804/2019/04/02/it-looks-like-adam-fox-wont-be-a-hurricane-how-we-got-here-and-whats-next/

Quote[Sara Civian] outright asked him in December if he was going to sign with the Canes, and he stressed he wanted to take a route that would get him to the NHL as soon as possible. The Canes' playoff hopes were looking bleak (to put it nicely) in December, and his route to the NHL could've been "as soon as possible" via Carolina if things had stayed the same.

Things have certainly changed.

Hey, how about that Leafs right-side defense group...
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Highlander

Quote from: herman on April 03, 2019, 10:12:37 AM
https://theathletic.com/900804/2019/04/02/it-looks-like-adam-fox-wont-be-a-hurricane-how-we-got-here-and-whats-next/

Quote[Sara Civian] outright asked him in December if he was going to sign with the Canes, and he stressed he wanted to take a route that would get him to the NHL as soon as possible. The Canes' playoff hopes were looking bleak (to put it nicely) in December, and his route to the NHL could've been "as soon as possible" via Carolina if things had stayed the same.

Things have certainly changed.

Hey, how about that Leafs right-side defense group...
We need a Fox in our hen house.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

herman

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1113503720115978240
Chase Priskie

Florida Man, suspended for kicking another player in ice hockey game, to become a free agent.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

herman

Quote from: Highlander on April 03, 2019, 12:09:22 PM
We need a Fox in our hen house.

Per LeBrun:
QuoteThe 'Canes found out this week from the league that the NHL would void any sign-and-trade scenario that occurs before the offseason. The idea being that if Carolina signed Fox and then immediately flipped him to the Rangers, Fox could burn the first year of his entry-level deal before the end of this season. Turns out that can't happen. The only team Fox can burn the first year of his entry-level deal for 2018-19 is Carolina.

Also some whining about the loophole for US College draft picks getting the opportunity at free agency while CHLers have to go back into the draft pool and (entitled) teams complaining that these kids are exercising their rights...
#27 #TeamFasstholes

AvroArrow


Guilt Trip

Quote from: AvroArrow on April 14, 2019, 11:46:25 AM
So...
Kadri for Pesce?
Did you see Pesce on that OT goal yesterday? Horrible. I see your point tho. They may just move him for Cap relief, who knows?