Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Minor Ex-Leaf News

Started by Nik, August 28, 2017, 11:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


CarltonTheBear

Pop quiz: Who has more points in 2023?

a) Mason Marchment
b) Denis Malgin

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 11:27:29 AMPop quiz: Who has more points in 2023?

a) Mason Marchment
b) Denis Malgin

Marchment

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zee on March 21, 2023, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 11:27:29 AMPop quiz: Who has more points in 2023?

a) Mason Marchment
b) Denis Malgin

Marchment

Ooooh, close but no. Care to try again?

Frank E

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 01:01:27 PM
Quote from: Zee on March 21, 2023, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 11:27:29 AMPop quiz: Who has more points in 2023?

a) Mason Marchment
b) Denis Malgin

Marchment

Ooooh, close but no. Care to try again?

Malgin since Jan 1...what do I win?

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Frank E on March 21, 2023, 01:03:46 PMMalgin since Jan 1...what do I win?

Correct. The question very clearly said in 2023, not this season.

You reward is a 24/25 Leafs jersey from Adidas.

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 11:27:29 AMPop quiz: Who has more points in 2023?

a) Mason Marchment
b) Denis Malgin

Who could ever have thought that a guy who seemed like a marginal NHLer suddenly becoming a near point per game player (and outpacing his production from a single season at any other professional level) might not be sustainable?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: bustaheims on March 21, 2023, 01:32:51 PMWho could ever have thought that a guy who seemed like a marginal NHLer suddenly becoming a near point per game player (and outpacing his production from a single season at any other professional level) might not be sustainable?

He did have a solid start to the season (21 points in 34 games) before completely disappearing in the middle there (0 goals, 4 points in 28 games), and then very recently started to come alive again (6 points in 5 games) until an injury took him out for 3-4 weeks.

So granted I'm certainly cherry-picking stats a little bit here. A 40-ish point player who provides the physicality that he does is something most if not all teams would covet, but he's definitely not the guy he appeared to be last season.

herman

https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1637994826233794564
Not strictly a former Leaf, but definitely a minor part of our system (started on PTO until Feb).

https://twitter.com/kyle_cush/status/1637991825582485506
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 21, 2023, 01:22:22 PM
Quote from: Frank E on March 21, 2023, 01:03:46 PMMalgin since Jan 1...what do I win?

Correct. The question very clearly said in 2023, not this season.

You reward is a 24/25 Leafs jersey from Adidas.

You tricked me

CarltonTheBear

Was curious to see how Andreas Johnsson did back in the NHL after he was traded to San Jose. 0 goals, 3 assists in 11 games. A lower body injury cut his season short. Underlying numbers were at least good, but little to no offence produced while playing with Couture or Hertl mostly isn't great. Wonder what happens to him next season.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 14, 2023, 09:57:46 AMWas curious to see how Andreas Johnsson did back in the NHL after he was traded to San Jose. 0 goals, 3 assists in 11 games. A lower body injury cut his season short. Underlying numbers were at least good, but little to no offence produced while playing with Couture or Hertl mostly isn't great. Wonder what happens to him next season.
Minimum contract, maybe a 2 way if he's lucky.


herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

Highlander

Frattin getting married today at the winery where my son is a chef
Good luck on loves rocky road
"Unless the Frattin"
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki