Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

The Official Movie Thread

Started by CarltonTheBear, July 14, 2011, 10:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madferret

I'm sure this was covered when it was released but out of boredom I watched 'The Tourist' last night with Depp & Jolie - what a piece of garbage.

Tigger

Watched a Korean movie the other day called 'Oldboy', holy revenge story Batman.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Andy

Quote from: Tigger on January 18, 2012, 07:01:31 PM
Watched a Korean movie the other day called 'Oldboy', holy revenge story Batman.

Yea that's a pretty famous (and crazy) film. The other 2 in that "revenge" trilogy aren't as good but worth seeing I guess.

There's going to be an 'Oldboy" American version directed by Spike Lee. Somehow I don't see it quite working.

Tigger

Quote from: Andy007 on January 19, 2012, 05:52:27 PM
Quote from: Tigger on January 18, 2012, 07:01:31 PM

Yea that's a pretty famous (and crazy) film. The other 2 in that "revenge" trilogy aren't as good but worth seeing I guess.

There's going to be an 'Oldboy" American version directed by Spike Lee. Somehow I don't see it quite working.

It's crazy alright, can't see Spike doing it justice either.

I didn't know there was a series, not sure I want to see them, didn't bother with Battle Royale 2 so, y'know...

bustaheims

Quote from: Tigger on January 19, 2012, 06:37:37 PM

I didn't know there was a series, not sure I want to see them, didn't bother with Battle Royale 2 so, y'know...

That was the right decision. What a disappointment that was after the first one.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Sucker Punch

Finally got around to watching Moneyball, and I really enjoyed it.   Although, it would have been a much better movie if they'd won the championship in the end.

Scriptwriters dropped the ball on that one.

I think George Clooney should play Bryan Murray in the movie about the Sens winning the 12/13 Stanley Cup.

Tigger

Quote from: bustaheims on January 19, 2012, 06:40:02 PM

That was the right decision. What a disappointment that was after the first one.

Now that I think about it, it was you that gave me the heads up about that. :)

bustaheims

Quote from: Tigger on January 25, 2012, 11:45:31 PM
Quote from: bustaheims on January 19, 2012, 06:40:02 PM

Now that I think about it, it was you that gave me the heads up about that. :)

Quite possible. I've been very vocal about my disappointment with it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Trolloc

Quote from: Sucker Punch on January 22, 2012, 12:16:29 AM
Finally got around to watching Moneyball, and I really enjoyed it.   Although, it would have been a much better movie if they'd won the championship in the end.

I think George Clooney should play Bryan Murray in the movie about the Sens winning the 12/13 Stanley Cup.

It is based on a true story.

Got around to watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It has some great moments but the movie is just too long and is a bit of a chore to get through. I did watch the Swedish version which may have contributed to this...but still I've watched the same movie multiple times in past and was entertained the same each time.

riff raff

Quote from: Trolloc on January 26, 2012, 11:06:47 AM
Quote from: Sucker Punch on January 22, 2012, 12:16:29 AM

It is based on a true story.

Is your sarcasm detector on the fritz?
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Dalai Lama

Sarge

The Grey was pretty good.. Though I feel I need to watch a comedy... Quickly.

seahawk

Has anybody seen Man on a Ledge or Contraband?

Darryl

bustaheims

Just in case anyone was unaware, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is actually based on a book of the same name.

Bender

Quote from: bustaheims on February 13, 2012, 04:27:18 PM
Just in case anyone was unaware, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is actually based on a book of the same name.

Non-fiction.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender