Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Line-up changes

Started by slapshot, October 09, 2011, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

Nothing really... He's having a good year and is being rewarded for it. I think as you say, he's pretty much a career AHLer... but I like him.

Tigger

Ben Scrivens‏@scrivens_30

Very happy to hear Ryan Hamilton was called up. He's the leader of our team. PP, PK, on the scoresheet, in the room, on the bike. #doesitall
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Rob

Quote from: lamajama on March 22, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Quote from: Sarge on March 22, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: bustaheims on March 22, 2012, 05:42:37 PM
DarrenDreger: Ryan Hamilton and Nazem Kadri recalled by the Leafs.  Must be injuries or flu bug.

Nice!... If anything, it's something new(ish.)

What's the 411 on Hamilton? Wasn't he up for a few games last year? I thought he was an AHL lifer like Zigomanis?

Well, he is from The Shwa.

cw

Quote from: lamajama on March 22, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Quote from: Sarge on March 22, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: bustaheims on March 22, 2012, 05:42:37 PM
DarrenDreger: Ryan Hamilton and Nazem Kadri recalled by the Leafs.  Must be injuries or flu bug.

Nice!... If anything, it's something new(ish.)

What's the 411 on Hamilton? Wasn't he up for a few games last year? I thought he was an AHL lifer like Zigomanis?

Maybe for a preseason game but never for a regular season game in the NHL.

I was hoping they'd give him more of a look in preseason. He's a big boy and he moves pretty well for his size. He's got some finish (in the AHL) but he might chip in a few and he can check - good defensively. He's also versatile in that he can help on the PP and PK. That's what he's done at the AHL level. How well he can translate that to the NHL speed, I don't know for sure but he's had me interested for a while. I wouldn't expect him to get any PP ice time.

If he wants a NHL job, he has to do something he doesn't do enough of with that big body of his: hit. If he does that and keeps the rest of his game simple, he might turn some heads. I wouldn't project him as a top 6 but I thought he might (long shot) turn out as a decent third/fourth liner. Some of the appeal for me was we had too many water bugs and not enough big bodies for the puck battles. Hamilton might help there.

Again, he's a long shot but he's earned it. He's a pretty complete, well rounded AHL player with good character.

lamajama

I just hope he's not this year's version of Boyd Devereaux  ;)
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

cw

Quote from: lamajama on March 23, 2012, 12:49:30 AM

Name a fringe NHL forward who never scored more than 9 goals in a NHL season during his career in the NHL (that was well above average duration) but scored a hat trick in his last game in the NHL. A trivia question fans of no other team except maybe Ottawa might get.

I say Ottawa because nine years previously Devereaux scored his first hat trick of the two in his career against the same team.

I think the odds of Hamilton repeating such a feat are rather slim but the game winner could always deflect in off his butt.  :)

sneakyray

are you talking about the year we drafted kadri...boyd devereux  scored a frew goals to lead us to a win over the sens in the last game of the season giving us draft choice # 7.  If they had lost to the sens they would have had pick #5 which is the slot that brayden schenn was picked by LA.

Zee

Quote from: sneakyray on March 23, 2012, 08:20:55 AM

are you talking about the year we drafted kadri...boyd devereux  scored a frew goals to lead us to a win over the sens in the last game of the season giving us draft choice # 7.  If they had lost to the sens they would have had pick #5 which is the slot that brayden schenn was picked by LA.

Devereux scored a hattrick in his last NHL game (I think it was his last).  What a way to go out!

lamajama

Quote from: Zee on March 23, 2012, 09:37:27 AM
Quote from: sneakyray on March 23, 2012, 08:20:55 AM

Devereux scored a hattrick in his last NHL game (I think it was his last).  What a way to go out!

Yep - his last game - to personally assure the Leafs of going from 5 to 7.

I was crying my eyes out at home after destroying the TV.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Sarge

Grabovski out, Colborne in for tomorrow's game.

L K

Quote from: Sarge on April 02, 2012, 08:36:57 AM

A good reward for his 18 points in his last 46 games

Corn Flake

Quote from: L K on April 02, 2012, 08:42:37 AM

If it were only about points. He played a very solid defensive game yesterday for the Marlies and it appears to be the role he has been doing for a while now.  He's more of a checking centre at the moment. Could be why he's getting the call.

Bender

I thought everything Eakins touches turns to gold? Midas Eakins?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

bustaheims

At this point, I'm not sure being taken from the Marlies to play with the Leafs is really a reward.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan