Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2014-2015 Injuries Thread

Started by CarltonTheBear, September 24, 2014, 07:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Peter D.

For a brief second, completely ignoring salary/long-term implications and other logistics, I wondered if Chicago would make a play for Kessel.  Many consider them to be the same player, so he would fit in there.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Peter D. on February 26, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
For a brief second, completely ignoring salary/long-term implications and other logistics, I wondered if Chicago would make a play for Kessel.  Many consider them to be the same player, so he would fit in there.

We can "rent" Kessel to them for a 1st round pick, we get him back after the playoffs. That'd be pretty funny.

Heroic Shrimp

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 26, 2015, 10:27:55 AM
Quote from: Peter D. on February 26, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
For a brief second, completely ignoring salary/long-term implications and other logistics, I wondered if Chicago would make a play for Kessel.  Many consider them to be the same player, so he would fit in there.

We can "rent" Kessel to them for a 1st round pick, we get him back after the playoffs. That'd be pretty funny.

That's more or less Indecent Proposal in NHL form, with Kessel as Demi Moore.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Rob

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 26, 2015, 10:27:55 AM
Quote from: Peter D. on February 26, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
For a brief second, completely ignoring salary/long-term implications and other logistics, I wondered if Chicago would make a play for Kessel.  Many consider them to be the same player, so he would fit in there.

We can "rent" Kessel to them for a 1st round pick, we get him back after the playoffs. That'd be pretty funny.

You know, I always wondered why teams wouldn't get more into cahoots with one another like that. 

CarltonTheBear

Phi Kessel to the Blackhawks for a conditional 2015 2nd round draft pick and "future considerations". The pick becomes a 1st rounder if the Hawks make it to the 3rd round, which I'm betting that they would. The "future considerations" would of course be Phil once the playoffs are completed.

The Blackhawks get the absolute best Patrick Kane replacement that they can, and they won't have to worry about salary cap concerns afterward. I started with a 2nd round pick to make the risk very small on their part, but if they have playoff success with Phil they need to pay for it, which they likely wouldn't mind doing. Especially since if they make it to the 3rd round Kane would probably be ready to play as well and that would just be ridiculous for them.

The Leafs basically get a free 1st round draft pick, and without Kessel for the rest of the season their tank would go into overdrive. They can then trade Kessel for a real return in the offseason.

I know this all sounds crazy and 100% wouldn't actually happen, but I actually think it would be really beneficial for both sides.

Heroic Shrimp

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 26, 2015, 11:03:50 AM
Phi Kessel to the Blackhawks for a conditional 2015 2nd round draft pick and "future considerations". The pick becomes a 1st rounder if the Hawks make it to the 3rd round, which I'm betting that they would. The "future considerations" would of course be Phil once the playoffs are completed.

The Blackhawks get the absolute best Patrick Kane replacement that they can, and they won't have to worry about salary cap concerns afterward. I started with a 2nd round pick to make the risk very small on their part, but if they have playoff success with Phil they need to pay for it, which they likely wouldn't mind doing. Especially since if they make it to the 3rd round Kane would probably be ready to play as well and that would just be ridiculous for them.

The Leafs basically get a free 1st round draft pick, and without Kessel for the rest of the season their tank would go into overdrive. They can then trade Kessel for a real return in the offseason.

I know this all sounds crazy and 100% wouldn't actually happen, but I actually think it would be really beneficial for both sides.

But would Demi Moore's marriage to Woody Harrelson be forever damaged?
Supersize my Freedom Fries

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on February 26, 2015, 11:12:46 AM
But would Demi Moore's marriage to Woody Harrelson be forever damaged?

Well in this situation they wouldn't actually be getting back together.

Heroic Shrimp

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 26, 2015, 11:14:53 AM
Quote from: Heroic Shrimp on February 26, 2015, 11:12:46 AM
But would Demi Moore's marriage to Woody Harrelson be forever damaged?

Well in this situation they wouldn't actually be getting back together.

Oops, I missed the trade Kessel in the offseason part...
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Deebo

Sounding like it could be a serious injury for Giordano of the Flames.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Deebo on February 27, 2015, 09:50:32 AM
Sounding like it could be a serious injury for Giordano of the Flames.

I don't like finding joy in the suffering of others like this, but I've got some money on Doughty winning the Norris sooooooo yeah....

Chev-boyar-sky

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 27, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
Quote from: Deebo on February 27, 2015, 09:50:32 AM
Sounding like it could be a serious injury for Giordano of the Flames.

I don't like finding joy in the suffering of others like this, but I've got some money on Doughty winning the Norris sooooooo yeah....

Where can you place these bets? I'd like to make some before next season. Adds a little fun to the NHL along with my fantasy pool.

Potvin29

Quote from: Deebo on February 27, 2015, 09:50:32 AM
Sounding like it could be a serious injury for Giordano of the Flames.

They've just announced he's out for the season with a torn bicep tendon.  4-5 month recovery time.