Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Official Ottawa Senators Thread

Started by Madferret, July 11, 2011, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 20, 2020, 09:34:11 AM
Quote from: herman on October 20, 2020, 09:25:09 AM
People also have trouble understanding two-way contracts (re: waiver exemption) and LTIR

I cringe so much every time I see a facebook comment saying the Leafs should just trade for a LTIR contract to increase their cap space.

That's a you problem. Don't read the comments anywhere (but here)

Guilt Trip

Quote from: herman on October 20, 2020, 09:46:35 AM
People also have trouble understanding two-way contracts (re: waiver exemption) and LTIR

I cringe so much every time I see a facebook comment saying the Leafs should just trade for a LTIR contract to increase their cap space.

This site is actually has the most knowledgeable posters that I'm on.

Zee

Connor Brown just signed a 3 year extension for $3.6M per.  Hyman is gonna get at least $5M  :-\

CarltonTheBear

The midpoint of the two arbitration asks was $3.525mil so I guess this makes sense. He got more than what our trio of middle-6 forwards did, but also scored at a higher rate last season than they did. Question now is will he continue to get those prime scoring line roles with someone like Dadanov in the fold? Either way, considering the sens don't need to worry about the cap ceiling this is a fine deal to keep him around as opposed to him taking a 1-year deal and leaving as a UFA next year.

herman

Nice deal for Brown. He took good advantage of getting out of the Leafs depth chart.

bustaheims

Good for Connor. He should be able to produce enough to justify that contract for the first couple years, at least. After that, I suspect he'll be pushed down the depth chart in Ottawa, as well.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Frank E

Quote from: Guilt Trip on October 20, 2020, 09:55:02 AM

Thanks! I do my best to lift the average. I apologize for Herman.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Frycer14 on October 22, 2020, 08:54:51 AM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on October 20, 2020, 09:55:02 AM

Thanks! I do my best to lift the average. I apologize for Herman.
Haha..nice.

CarltonTheBear

$1.05mil. Decent enough value signing for them I guess.

Always sorta liked Galch. I think he was the guy I wanted the Leafs to pick in 2012 before the Habs picked him. Obviously worked out for us (as an aside if anyone has time to kill check out the 2012 draft thread to see how many of us hated the Rielly pick at the time). This will be his 5th team in 4 seasons now.

bustaheims

Great value if he can get back to being a 15-20 goal, ~45 point guy. If he plays well, they've essentially signed themselves some future draft pick(s).
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

L K

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 28, 2020, 12:21:13 PM

Always sorta liked Galch. I think he was the guy I wanted the Leafs to pick in 2012 before the Habs picked him. Obviously worked out for us (as an aside if anyone has time to kill check out the 2012 draft thread to see how many of us hated the Rielly pick at the time). This will be his 5th team in 4 seasons now.

I think I can be confident that I had nothing bad to say about picking Morgan Rielly.

Frank E

Quote from: L K on October 28, 2020, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 28, 2020, 12:21:13 PM

I think I can be confident that I had nothing bad to say about picking Morgan Rielly.

Uh sure.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on October 28, 2020, 02:10:42 PM

A quote, from no one in particular:

QuoteThe Leafs have a glut of defensive prospects and are extremely thin when it comes to top 6 centers who can actually fill the #1 role... The Leafs need a guy who can fill that role because they sure as hell haven't been able pick up anything good in free agency to this point.

Oh how things have changed.