Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

NHL Punks and Weasels

Started by caveman, March 04, 2013, 07:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnjunction

Wow the plays in that video are disgusting.  Why do the refs not call the diving call, and only the diving call, in such blatant cases?

You know when people criticize soccer for this some of their fans will say it's a very hard call to make on the field.  Then it is suggested that they look at the tape and deal with it after.  I know it would be a hard sell to the NHLPA, but maybe they need to start handing out fines and suspensions for repeat offenders to cut that crap down.

All I know is that if plays like in that video don't come with consequences they are just going to get more popular, and if our game turns in a soccer-style diving competition every game I'm going to be pissed.

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: pnjunction on March 06, 2013, 03:54:43 AM
Then it is suggested that they look at the tape and deal with it after.  I know it would be a hard sell to the NHLPA, but maybe they need to start handing out fines and suspensions for repeat offenders to cut that crap down.

Has this not already been in place for a while? You don't hear about it being enforced, but I thought it was already there.

Deleted Account

Quote from: hockeyfan1 on March 06, 2013, 02:43:45 AM
More here...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/embellishment-city-boston-bruins-hypocrisy-diving-goes-viral-144026712--nhl.html

Video of "Embellishment City" made by a Canucks fan.  Karma??!!...

Not sure what the point of showing Bostonians rioting was, especially coming from a Canucks fan.

Nik

I thought this was a worthwhile read on the subject. Down Goes Brown on the dirtiest NHL players of all time. I don't agree about Tucker though.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/53659/who-is-the-nhls-biggest-dirtbag-of-all-time
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi