Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Burke Fired

Started by Dappleganger, January 09, 2013, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendel's Fist

There must have been one hell of a blow up over something. The timing is insane.

Who would have seen this coming?

Zee

WTF I did not see this coming.

Strangelove

This may actually bring me back as a fan.  It's been a long time coming - really, he's done very little right as GM beyond a whole lot of bluster.

Chappers67

It's a head scratcher....

or it's getting a head start on the excuses for another lacklustre season...

Potvin29

Didn't he just get done representing the Leafs during the CBA negotiations?

bustaheims

Quote from: Potvin29 on January 09, 2013, 07:37:22 AM

Tannenbaum represented the team at the owner/player meetings.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

crazyperfectdevil

Quote from: Strangelove on January 09, 2013, 07:36:26 AM
This may actually bring me back as a fan.  It's been a long time coming - really, he's done very little right as GM beyond a whole lot of bluster.

even if you want burke out..why now?  they have an extended off season..but decide to drop the hammer just before it's going to start?..that just seems stupid

Joe

Strangelove

Quote from: crazyperfectdevil on January 09, 2013, 07:38:13 AM
Quote from: Strangelove on January 09, 2013, 07:36:26 AM

even if you want burke out..why now?  they have an extended off season..but decide to drop the hammer just before it's going to start?..that just seems stupid

Oh I agree - this appears to amount to terrible mismanagement as a whole.  But I think it's the right decision in the short and long term.

Jalili

Gonna wait for the fallout of all this before I make up my mind

Potvin29

Quote from: bustaheims on January 09, 2013, 07:37:51 AM
Quote from: Potvin29 on January 09, 2013, 07:37:22 AM

Tannenbaum represented the team at the owner/player meetings.

I thought Burke was present during one of the negotiations in November with Yzerman and Jacobs?

Derk

This comes as a huge surprise. I am really interested in knowing the why part of this before commenting too much more. It doesn't really make sense (yet).

Zee

This is crazy, I wonder if the Luongo thing has anything to do with it or is just the new owners didn't like him?

Joe

Say what you want about Burke - but I really thought bringing him in was the beginning on a non-knee jerk reaction phase to the Leafs. I thought this was going to be an era of stability. Whether you liked his moves or not, you certainly got the sense that he was thinking long term, not just the season in question.

Peter D.

So help us if this is a sign that Rogers and Bell are going to be a meddling ownership group.