Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Who was the craziest Maple Leaf ?

Started by caveman, September 17, 2012, 09:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

Who do you think was the craziest Leaf you can remember? My vote goes to Paul Higgins. He was a Leaf goon from 81 to 83 (only appeared in 25 games). Higgins would do anything when he was on the ice. Stick in the face, blindside elbow to the head, etc. He would start fights at the end of periods because he had not been on the ice  in the game.

Corn Flake

I don't remember Higgins but I was a bit young for that.

Kordic was the craziest I remember.

RedLeaf

Tucker was a pretty wild child on the ice most nights.
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

BlueWhiteBlood

Yeah, Tucker was crazed some nights... Kordic was messed up, which made him crazy. I think I give it to Tucker, as he was just naturally crazy! LOL
BWB

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on September 17, 2012, 10:22:28 AM
Tucker.

Ottawa.

Bench.

Q.E.D.

That one is burnt into every Maple Leaf fans memory for life.
BWB

Corn Flake

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on September 17, 2012, 10:15:15 AM
Yeah, Tucker was crazed some nights... Kordic was messed up, which made him crazy. I think I give it to Tucker, as he was just naturally crazy! LOL

Great point on the "Natural" part, and Zanzibar's note on the bench attack. one of the best moments ever. :D

Sarge

Boston Leaf

Quote from: caveman on September 17, 2012, 09:14:07 AM
Who do you think was the craziest Leaf you can remember? My vote goes to Paul Higgins. He was a Leaf goon from 81 to 83 (only appeared in 25 games). Higgins would do anything when he was on the ice. Stick in the face, blindside elbow to the head, etc. He would start fights at the end of periods because he had not been on the ice  in the game.

I actually remember Higgins. He was pretty careless

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Fletch

I am going to say Al Iafrate.  Can't put my finger on why, I just have this sense that he was a little bit crazy in his day, but, if one of my coworkers stole my wife, I might be too.

Significantly Insignificant

Andrew Raycroft.  He never looked the camera in the eye.  He also never admitted that maybe he shouldn't be playing goal.
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

Green Leaf

caveman

Quote from: Fletch on September 17, 2012, 05:39:48 PM
I am going to say Al Iafrate.  Can't put my finger on why, I just have this sense that he was a little bit crazy in his day, but, if one of my coworkers stole my wife, I might be too.

There was a year when Iafrate was in St Catharines for the Blue and White game. (The St Catharines Saints were the AHL farm team for the Leafs then.) Iafrate got arrested for breaking street lights by throwing rocks at them. The next night at the game I was with friends sitting in the first row behind the glass during warm-up. Iafrate took a slapshot that was deflected up near the roof. One of our party yelled "Hey Al, watch out for the lights!". Iafrate got a huge smile on his face and nodded to us. He took it well. 

Dappleganger

Like a few others, the first thing I thought of was Tucker taking on the Ottawa Senators bench. (But really, outside of Neil and Chara they were all pansies  ;D) so maybe it wasn't that crazy.

Still makes me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzPsv2KT2Y&feature=related

Announcer: "What is the suspension for jumping into a bench to start a fight?"

How about when he tells people, "Watch your Knees!" And then proceeds to take out people's knees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YrQt8g60AuM&NR=1