Although no Leafs player or coach will use fatigue as an excuse, travel was most definitely a factor in Toronto’s 8-2 pounding at the hands of the Dallas Stars on Tuesday night. The Leafs arrived in Toronto at 1 a.m. yesterday after playing in Atlanta the previous night while the Stars were rested for two full days.
The Leafs are off until Boxing Day when they travel to Long Island.
In World Junior action, Team Canada won its final pre-tournament game, destroying Slovakia 7-0 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton last night.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
- Leafs in giving mood Toronto Sun
- Leafs simply ho-ho-horrible Toronto Star
- Leafs no match for soaring Stars National Post
- Vesa hears jeers, Pogge footsteps Toronto Sun
- Goalie debate heating up in Leafland Toronto Star
- Long break needed for banged-up Buds Toronto Sun
- Leafs spring a leak The Globe And Mail
- It Was Bad, But Give Leafs A Mulligan FAN 590
- Ready or not, it’s showtime Toronto Sun
- Getting most out of Tavares key for Canada Toronto Sun
- There’s no “I” in John Tavares Toronto Sun
- Team Canada’s cruising but questions still remain Toronto Star
- Team Canada finishes exhibition play with a win National Post
- Canada overwhelms Slovakia CP
NHL and Hockey News
- Stars rookie Brunnstrom sets out on learning curve Toronto Sun
- Victory gives Flames first place in Northwest Calgary Herald
- Senators fall to Flyers Ottawa Citizen
- Coyotes’ financial situation gets uglier The Globe And Mail