Toronto fans should get used to an all-too-familiar sight; namely the Leafs surrendering leads in the late stages of games.
As the pre-season concluded, five more Leafs were sent down, however standout defenceman Luke Schenn will likely stick around for at least a little while longer.
In St. John’s, Newfoundland, the Marlies lost the final game of the inaugural Iceberg Cup in overtime to the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Here are the headlines of stories relating to the Leafs and the Marlies in the news this morning:
Leafs NHL News
- Leafs blow lead in 5-4 loss to Columbus CP
- Third and long gone Toronto Sun
- Extended audition Toronto Sun
- Lineup slicing time for Leafs Toronto Star
- Leafs’ season could be tale of woe Toronto Star
- Schenn will play with the Leafs; the question is, for how long? The Globe And Mail
- Leafs begin to make their final cuts National Post
- Leafs have to be careful with Schenn National Post
- Leafs’ Challenges Are Not Surprising FAN 590
NHL and Hockey News
- Monday Morning Puck Shot Toronto Sun
- Offside Monday – Show me the kronors Toronto Sun
- Redden sends Rangers to European-series sweep CP
- Hartsburg hockey leads Sens to win Ottawa Sun
- 50 Top NHL Players Toronto Sun
- Red-hot Majors hold off Greyhounds Toronto Sun
- Luongo masks his captaincy Toronto Star
- NHL season primer The Globe And Mail