While Ducks fans rejoice at the sweetheart deal Teemu Selanne has given to Burke, Leafs fans (or rather, Leafs beat reporters) are already showing signs of impatience. Luckily, coach Ron Wilson doesn’t share that sense of frustration and sees some encouraging things to build upon.
John Mitchell seems to be turning a few heads with his pre-season performance as the somewhat battered and bruised shot-blocking Leafs team prepares to host the Blues tonight at the ACC. Toskala will start, with CuJo slated to be between the pipes when the rebuilding two teams square off again in St Louis on Wednesday.
Kypreos’ expense account defies all logic, but he does have a nice sit-down with Mats at the former Leafs captain’s cottage on the Baltic Sea.
All that, and more, in today’s round-up.
Leafs NHL News
- Mitchell building a case SLAM
- Shot blocking creates better defence, nice bruises too Toronto Star
- Wilson keeps Leaf collapse in Buffalo in perspective Toronto Star
- Shoalts fails to grasp the idea of rebuilding or to comprehend Wilson’s central message to the press Globe & Mail
- A mystifying pretzel of logic (?!?) from Loewen Toronto Sun
- Spector’s “Eastern Conference Storylines” preview FOX Sports
- Preaching patience Yahoo Sports
- Picking up Leafs (SN’s team preview) Sporting News
- Leafs season preview Faceoff.com
Marlies & Leafs Prospects News
- Marlies camp overview from John Bartlett Marlies.com