Author Topic: Brit Leafs Fan  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
Re: Brit Leafs Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
You win seahawk - you always do

Offline BMan

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
Welcome aboard! So glad you are from the north. Won't be any snobbery then  :P

I have an aunt from South Shields I think its called. Never been.

Offline Britleaf

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
Snobbery? Hell no couldn't afford to be a snob :P Yes I know South Shields, some good folk from there.

Thanks for the welcomes folks... I am feeling a little impatient for the season to start tho :P

Jim

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes folks... I am feeling a little impatient for the season to start tho :P

Jim

Take a number and join the queue on that point. I suspect more than a few folks have the season opener marked on the calendar.

Offline anton girdeaux

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »
As a fellow English Leaf, welcome aboard.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »
Welcome!  I suggest purchasing NHL Gamecenter Live if you're going to be in England trying to watch Leafs games.  I'm in Australia and I've yet to miss a game because of it.  You'll be able to pause games, or watch them later/at your own time, which is handy for the different time zones.

Offline Britleaf

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
As a fellow English Leaf, welcome aboard.
We seam to be growing in numbers which is a good thing :P
Welcome!  I suggest purchasing NHL Gamecenter Live if you're going to be in England trying to watch Leafs games.  I'm in Australia and I've yet to miss a game because of it.  You'll be able to pause games, or watch them later/at your own time, which is handy for the different time zones.

I have bookmarked the page and am going to register in the morning so I can see some of the games I missed last season. Thanks for telling me about it  8)

Jim

Offline Chappers67

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »
Hey folks thanks for the welcome :)
Yep as some have guessed I am a Geordie living in the south of Scotland (well the borders) and my team has always been Newcastle United, I know i said we havent won any silverware but maybe I should have said major silverwear as in competitions FA Cup etc. Whilst the Championship league win was awesome, it wasn't celebrated as a major trophy as such (apart from those in the bigg market etc) but it helped to ease the relegation feeling of the season before.

I do in fact mean the Europa Competition but to be fair to Newcastle its still a major breakthrough. Some folk have said we were lucky to finish where we did,  and if that is the case, I for one will grab it with both hands and hold on for the ride however bumpy it will be. I don't get much time now to attend matched due to a few factors, a couple of them being the distance to travel and the fact that I have an elderly parent I look after on a full time basis. However I lend my support where I can.

I'm beginning to feel the same way about the leafs, no matter how crap they play or how lucky we get I will still lend my support as little as that is right now :P.

I would love to see the leafs get into the playoffs and will celebrate when that eventually happens, no matter how long it takes.

BTW I am probably going to get shot for this but, Tyler Bozak is one of my fav players, I like how he plays. He has potential but hes far from perfect I guess.

Jim

The Borders eh?  I'm from Jedburgh originally....a fellow magpie to boot....

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »