Author Topic: Bobby Ryan available?  (Read 5073 times)

Offline No.92

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Ryan available?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
Yeah McKenzie essentially read a giant F U in it's entirety from Ryan to the Ducks.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »
So, who gets moved first, Nash or Ryan? I say Ryan.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
So, who gets moved first, Nash or Ryan? I say Ryan.

After his comments today, I agree with you. It seems that relationship is over.
BWB

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »
After his comments today, I agree with you. It seems that relationship is over.

Yeah. I think they've made Anaheim a much more motivated seller. They need to settle this situation before any more damage is done.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
Yeah. I think they've made Anaheim a much more motivated seller. They need to settle this situation before any more damage is done.

I can't really blame Ryan for this, his name has been all over the place in the last couple years and Murray hasn't really put it to rest. I'd feel unwelcome if it was me also.
BWB

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
Say the Leafs get Schultz, does that piss Murray off enough to nix any kind of deal with Toronto or are they just too pro for that?

If so, maybe Burke should try to get him before July 1 ;)
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »
Say the Leafs get Schultz, does that piss Murray off enough to nix any kind of deal with Toronto or are they just too pro for that?

It's seems as though there was some sort of rift between Ryan and Carlyle.  If it came down to it, I'd fire Carlyle if it meant the difference of getting Ryan or not.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
Personally, I'm not putting much stock in the Carlyle/ Ryan stuff. If Burke wants Ryan, he'll go and get him IMO.
BWB

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

It's seems as though there was some sort of rift between Ryan and Carlyle.  If it came down to it, I'd fire Carlyle if it meant the difference of getting Ryan or not.

I'd imagine they could find some common ground from their recent experience in Anaheim, and Brian drafted him. Hard to say but if there's any truth to the rumour and some animosity exists it seems like something that should be manageable if it were to happen.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:47:27 AM by Tigger »
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »
Personally, I'm not putting much stock in the Carlyle/ Ryan stuff. If Burke wants Ryan, he'll go and get him IMO.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20120622/SPORTS04/120622008/Ryan-hopes-traded-Flyers?odyssey

While in an early season scoring slump and clashing with his head coach, he was being shopped last November, but Bruce Boudreau replacing Randy Carlyle behind the Ducks bench was a Godsend. After amassing just 7 goals and 12 points over his first 24 games under Carlyle, Ryan tallied 24 goals and 45 points over his last 58 games playing for Boudreau.

“Bruce essentially changed my whole season around in Anaheim,” Ryan said. “It was going downhill very fast. He came in and changed things around and really spoke to me on a level that I could understand. I loved playing for him.

“I thought going into the summer, with the second half that I had, some of the rumors would be put to rest. I don't know what it is or what I have to do to put them away.”

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20120622/SPORTS04/120622008/Ryan-hopes-traded-Flyers?odyssey

While in an early season scoring slump and clashing with his head coach, he was being shopped last November, but Bruce Boudreau replacing Randy Carlyle behind the Ducks bench was a Godsend. After amassing just 7 goals and 12 points over his first 24 games under Carlyle, Ryan tallied 24 goals and 45 points over his last 58 games playing for Boudreau.

“Bruce essentially changed my whole season around in Anaheim,” Ryan said. “It was going downhill very fast. He came in and changed things around and really spoke to me on a level that I could understand. I loved playing for him.

“I thought going into the summer, with the second half that I had, some of the rumors would be put to rest. I don't know what it is or what I have to do to put them away.”

Sounds like he really likes Boudreau and that the trade rumours last year played on him. It doesn't really say that he didn't like Carlyle or that that was the reason for his slump. I'd say it had more to do with his rumour of being on the block, especially judging by his reaction yesterday.
BWB

Offline Etiam Vultus

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
It is ironic that Ryan could end up in Philly.  Philly supposedly traded Richards and Carter because of their lifestyles off the ice; the criticism of Ryan is similar.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »