Author Topic: Ex-Leafs: Kaberle's day with the Cup  (Read 8412 times)

Offline anton girdeaux

• Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-Leafs: Kaberle's day with the Cup
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
I can see him going back to Kladno in the not too distant future.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
Kypreos on Hockeycentral just now saying folks in Carolina believe Kaberle is overweight and out of shape. Unless there is some medical reason for this, I'd say he just isn't into playing hockey at the level we were used to seeing him play at.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »
Kypreos on Hockeycentral just now saying folks in Carolina believe Kaberle is overweight and out of shape. Unless there is some medical reason for this, I'd say he just isn't into playing hockey at the level we were used to seeing him play at.

I assume he just didn't train as hard in the summer after winning the Cup.  Reached the pinnacle and all that, it's human nature I suppose.

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »

I assume he just didn't train as hard in the summer after winning the Cup.  Reached the pinnacle and all that, it's human nature I suppose.

I suspect issues in his personal life are emotionally weighing him down.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
I suspect issues in his personal life are emotionally weighing him down.

I imagine that's much more likely than anything else.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603525
Defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who signed to a three-year, $12.75 million contract by GM Jim Rutherford during the summer, has just 5 assists, a minus-10 rating and was a healthy scratch for Sunday's game against the Ottawa Senators.

Eric Staal -17, Pitkanen -11, LaRose -11 - more going on here than Kaberle's problems

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
Or Kaberle could just be on the decline.  He's turning 34 this season.

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »

That's possible and at the very least, likely to be a potential factor. I felt his skating had declined some before he left Toronto. But it's not like his body got pounded or he's had a lot of serious injuries. My guess continues to be that something else is going on. A change seemed to happen mid season and it was later revealed a family issue was going on.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »

That's possible and at the very least, likely to be a potential factor. I felt his skating had declined some before he left Toronto. But it's not like his body got pounded or he's had a lot of serious injuries. My guess continues to be that something else is going on. A change seemed to happen mid season and it was later revealed a family issue was going on.

Didn't know about that.

Offline riff raff

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
There are many who believe that Kaberle hasn't been the same since the Janssen hit.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Dalai Lama

Online Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
There are also many who think it has nothing to do with it.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »

Jim Rutherford flat out admitted that Kaberle did not come to training camp in shape, and attributed it to winning the Stanley Cup and not preparing himself during the summer:

http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio/11-11-30%20Jim%20Rutherford%20.mp3

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:53 PM »

Jim Rutherford flat out admitted that Kaberle did not come to training camp in shape, and attributed it to winning the Stanley Cup and not preparing himself during the summer:

It's really too bad to see him (Kaberle) do that.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Ex-Leafs: Kaberle's day with the Cup
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »

It's really too bad to see him (Kaberle) do that.

Vindicated!

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »

Didn't he do that one season as well with the Leafs? I seem to remember this happening before.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »