Author Topic: Useless Thread  (Read 128780 times)

Online Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Useless Thread
« Reply #1530 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »
United isn't totally to blame here, either. The airport police obviously handled this very poorly. I was recently on a WestJet flight where the police had to remove someone from the plane and was extremely impressed with how they handled the situation.

Only 1 person had to be removed on a flight to Thunder Bay? 

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 10, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »

Even before you get to the actual humanity of the situation, what possible need could the airline have for those seats that justified this just from a public relations standpoint?
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 10, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
Even before you get to the actual humanity of the situation, what possible need could the airline have for those seats that justified this just from a public relations standpoint?

Seriously. They should be able to plan that they'll need seats to transport staff to other flights, or have a standing policy that they hold 4 seats until it's confirmed they don't need them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 10, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »
United isn't totally to blame here, either. The airport police obviously handled this very poorly. I was recently on a WestJet flight where the police had to remove someone from the plane and was extremely impressed with how they handled the situation.

Only 1 person had to be removed on a flight to Thunder Bay?

We have our good days. :)

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 10, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »

I don't know the context of who/why they had to ship people out but they have something like a 10 hour landover before pilots (not sure if that policy is included for cabin workers too) can fly.  If one of the passengers was the pilot they may need to get them there so they have sufficient rest to legally get on their flight.

But yes, there really isn't any justification.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 13, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »

So looks like 18 year old me is going to be really disappointed with 35 year old me and my lack of partaking in his dream:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/marijuana-legal-bill-1.4069178
-Mark Twain

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 13, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
So looks like 18 year old me is going to be really disappointed with 35 year old me and my lack of partaking in his dream:

So, you're not going to go out a buy a pack of joints for the weekend? Yeah, me neither.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 13, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

So, you're not going to go out a buy a pack of joints for the weekend? Yeah, me neither.

You know, I probably will go buy some once I'm able to just so I can say I did after thinking it'd never come to pass but I can't see myself actually indulging.
-Mark Twain

Offline Bill_Berg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 13, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

You know, I probably will go buy some once I'm able to just so I can say I did after thinking it'd never come to pass but I can't see myself actually indulging.

I bought some stock, does that count?

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »

Sounds about right. Depending on how they're distributed, I'll probably do the same, have one night of reliving that period of my life, and consider that enough.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 13, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »

You're both going to be habitual users within a month.  ;D

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 25, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
BT-dubs: http://www.nameoftheyear.com/2017/04/boats-botes-is-your-2017-name-of-year.html

YAY!

Amazing! I look forward to the establishment of Boats Botes Marine Vessel Emporium!

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 16, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »
I think it's become impossible not to conclude that Chevrolet's target market in TV ads is extremely boring white people.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
I think it's become impossible not to conclude that Chevrolet's target market in TV ads is extremely boring white people.

Pffft, if that were true why would they buy so much ad time during hockey games?

Wait a second...
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1544 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »