Author Topic: John-Michael Liles Videos  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Re: John-Michael Liles Videos
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
I like this guy more and more.

5. It's not hard to see why Ron Wilson chose John-Michael Liles an alternate captain with Mike Komisarek and Mikhail Grabovski both sidelined with injury. Liles is the oldest player on the team (30) and a steadying presence in the dressing room. But he's also a light and witty personality. The former Michigan State University star is notorious for chirping players in their post-game interviews. Case in point on Tuesday night when he yelled "What a player!" as Tyler Bozak met with the media following a three-point effort against the Lightning. Similar scenario on Saturday when he barked "Thattaboy Franny!" as Cody Franson talked about scoring his first goal of the season in a win over the Capitals.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=381180

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »

5. It's not hard to see why Ron Wilson chose John-Michael Liles an alternate captain with Mike Komisarek and Mikhail Grabovski both sidelined with injury. Liles is the oldest player on the team (30) and a steadying presence in the dressing room. But he's also a light and witty personality. The former Michigan State University star is notorious for chirping players in their post-game interviews. Case in point on Tuesday night when he yelled "What a player!" as Tyler Bozak met with the media following a three-point effort against the Lightning. Similar scenario on Saturday when he barked "Thattaboy Franny!" as Cody Franson talked about scoring his first goal of the season in a win over the Capitals.

I've definitely liked Liles' performance as a Leaf and agree with Wilson giving him an A, but praising his leadership abilities based off that is about as silly as the whole 'changing the CD player' thing with Phaneuf.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »

I've definitely liked Liles' performance as a Leaf and agree with Wilson giving him an A, but praising his leadership abilities based off that is about as silly as the whole 'changing the CD player' thing with Phaneuf.

He wasn't praising his leadership with that.  He was saying he's a light and witty personality in the dressing room.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »

He wasn't praising his leadership with that.  He was saying he's a light and witty personality in the dressing room.

It seemed like one was connected to the other. But it's no big deal.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
I have deleted my 2 page argument.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
I have deleted my 2 page argument.

Probably for the best. My counter-arguments were top-notch.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »
Like Connolly and Lupul, I see Liles was quite a steal by Burke.  What I don't get is Colorado seemed to know what they had in him where they had even rumoured to possibly give him the captaincy next.

Soooo....he is a UFA with a $4.2 mil contract.  Like someone else mentioned, I think I like his game more than Kaberle's.

I can't see how how the Leafs can have Liles on the roster next year without moving someone else.  Maybe I will move to the Armchair GM thread.
All The Best
Dan

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 12:44:32 AM »
hoosierjm26 John-Michael Liles
Only thing I cared to watch on the field today...

hoosierjm26 John-Michael Liles
Monster told @Bozie42 he hopes we see yorge bush....yorge. With a Y . Awesome! #mostinterestingswedeintheworld

Haha, I love this guy.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=74469

Liles Buds was created by Toronto Maple Leafs player John-Michael Liles to recognize students in grades one through eight, who perform an uncommon act of kindness or good deed within their school or community. Examples include but are not limited to, helping a student who's being bullied, helping someone who is hurt, organizing a community service activity, helping another student with their homework, or helping a teacher with a project.
There will be eight winners this year. Nominations are due November 25th (tickets to December 6th game), December 30th (tickets to January 17th game), January 20th (tickets to February 1st game) and February 24th (tickets to March 29th game).

nice gesture and program

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »