Author Topic: Official Music Thread  (Read 41378 times)

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Official Music Thread
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »
Saw tool twice last month. Metallica coming up this Sunday.

What Tool is touring?  Are they ever releasing a new album?

Supposedly yes to a new album.

Didn't hear any new songs in either of the concerts I saw in Montreal or Toronto. Both shows were identical except for maybe 1 track. They sounded great.
The Catalyst?

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »

Didn't hear any new songs in either of the concerts I saw in Montreal or Toronto. Both shows were identical except for maybe 1 track. They sounded great.

I still remember when they released 10,000 Days..I had one child that was under 6 months old.  Now I have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 5.

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »

I still remember when they released 10,000 Days..I had one child that was under 6 months old.  Now I have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 5.

I think I first saw Tool live 26 years ago.
The Catalyst?

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2017, 02:26:33 AM »
Metallica on Sunday night in Toronto was awesome. I was also front row center😎
The Catalyst?

Online Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2017, 07:23:37 AM »
Currently have concert tickets for 5 shows.. wondering if anyone has or will see any of these tours

Arcade Fire
The Chameleons Vox
The National
X
Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #500 on: September 03, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
I saw The Arcade Fire in Belfast a couple of months ago, first I'd seen them in about a decade. They were really good and the gig was fantastic.

Was also one of the most chilled out crowds I've seen at a gig in a long time which helped. Everyone just there to relax and enjoy the music. A lot of concerts here seem to attract a load of annoying drunk teenagers (or else I'm just getting old)
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
RIP Juliette Cavazzi.

She was 'Canada's sweetheart" back in the 1950' & '60s and had her own variety show called The Juliette Show.  She was simply known to Canadians as Juliette.

I remember having heard of her and had seen on tv in the '70s and early '80s.  It wasn't until I entered the Musicfest Canada competition in 1982 that I had met her in person.

She was one of many well-known Canadians from the field of music on the judging panel for this competition, and I clearly recall Juliette clapping & smiling when I was playing in front of the panel.

The CBC studios on Shuter St. In Toronto's Cabbagetown area was where competitors (from Ontario) showcased their talents.  Other Canadians from across the provinces had their own Musicfest judging panel & place.

I played on a Steinway grand piano, the first time I had ever layed my fingers on such a piano -- I was more familiar  with uprights and baby grands -- and became slightly apprehensive and perhaps a little nervous at the thought of having to play this grand piano.  Once I began my 10 minute repertoire (the slotted time given to everyone), I was put at ease conquering this grand behemoth of a musical instrument.  It was quite possibly the best-sounding piano ever, (Steinway & Sons has long had a reputation for manufacturing the best concert grands), and I've sampled many a different piano name.  My personal favourite for baby grands was the Wagner piano back in those days.

After I finished my presentation, as I got set to leave, Juliette came up to me and uttered some words of praise and she had a smile that was unforgettable.  No wonder people liked her.  She wore it well.

(For the record, I did not win the Musicfest Canada competition but nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience both in terms of preparation and learning.  I had chosen to play under the category of "Pop Classics", a combination of popular and some classical pieces).

This was my fond memory of Juliette.  Thank you for your kindness, your smile, and your graciousness.   That, in a nutshell, was vintage Juliette.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertainment-pmn/canadian-television-pioneer-your-pet-juliette-dies-at-91-in-vancouver
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:45:09 AM by hockeyfan1 »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »