Author Topic: Media Thread  (Read 31530 times)

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Media Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »
You know, ZBBM, I think you mentioned this in another thread, but let's wait until the Leafs actually win a Stanley Cup before we start anointing Dubas, or Shanahan.

Online Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »
You know, ZBBM, I think you mentioned this in another thread, but let's wait until the Leafs actually win a Stanley Cup before we start anointing Dubas, or Shanahan.

Yes, and relevant to the media, there are more than a few who have made a career dining out on the "Leafs have been a failure for so long" trope ... and they will be right there again, crowing, if the Leafs don't win it all this year.

Can you imagine the schadenfreude (and not just on the Island) if we get booted in the first round again?

The pressure was always going to be higher this next season.  It went up exponentially with JT.  We'll see who rises to the occasion.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »

Yes, and relevant to the media, there are more than a few who have made a career dining out on the "Leafs have been a failure for so long" trope ... and they will be right there again, crowing, if the Leafs don't win it all this year.

Can you imagine the schadenfreude (and not just on the Island) if we get booted in the first round again?

The pressure was always going to be higher this next season.  It went up exponentially with JT.  We'll see who rises to the occasion.

Hey, don't rain on my parade plans.  :D :)

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2018, 02:47:18 PM »
Darren Millard is leaving Sportsnet. I wonder where he's going? Was happy to see Pierre McGuire go but I actually like Millard.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
Darren Millard is leaving Sportsnet. I wonder where he's going? Was happy to see Pierre McGuire go but I actually like Millard.

Meh. I always found him painstakingly bland. I get HNIC isn't the institution it once was but I would have hated to see him replace MacLean one day.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2018, 02:57:13 PM »
TSN?
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
Meh. I always found him painstakingly bland. I get HNIC isn't the institution it once was but I would have hated to see him replace MacLean one day.

Yeah, nothing against the guy or anything but I can't ever recall thinking he ever really added or detracted from a show. Maybe that's what some people want out of their hosts but I think it's fairly replaceable.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »

Yeah, nothing against the guy or anything but I can't ever recall thinking he ever really added or detracted from a show. Maybe that's what some people want out of their hosts but I think it's fairly replaceable.
I listened to him a lot on the FAN590 over the lunch hour. He was good, better then most hockey pucks who report these days. I would guess he is going to US programming in some capacity.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2018, 03:33:55 PM »
Dave Lozo of Puck Soup (w/ Greg Wyshynski) and Biscuits: A Hockey Podcast (w/ Sean McIndoe) is moving into writing for Always Late with Katie Nolan.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
Dave Lozo of Puck Soup (w/ Greg Wyshynski) and Biscuits: A Hockey Podcast (w/ Sean McIndoe) is moving into writing for Always Late with Katie Nolan.

Yeah, which means the end of Biscuits unfortunately.
-Mark Twain

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »

Let's not beat around the bush, Millard is bad.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »

It was one of the better ones.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »
Lozo might genuinely be my favourite hockey writer right now, so it's a bummer if this means he won't be producing anymore pieces. But I have been eagerly waiting to see what Katie Nolan does next so it's promising that he'll be involved with that.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »

It was one of the better ones.

Easily, for sure.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »

Hey gang, have you watched Sportsnet's reasonably competent NHL coverage and thought to yourself "I think they probably would make a good burger", well, do I have the restaurant who'll charge you eight bucks for a pint of Bud Light for you!

http://www.sportsnetgrill.ca/
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »