Author Topic: John Tavares is a Maple Leaf  (Read 10176 times)

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: John Tavares is a Maple Leaf
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:20 AM »
I'm amazed it's early July and these guys are on the ice working away.

Maple Leafs have some sort of summer hockey school program. The players participate in demonstration videos, I think.

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »
I hope Tavares at least stopped on his way off the ice and gave that kid an autograph. 

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
Tavares did the Players Tribune thing, anyway this pretty much reinforces my belief that he would have stayed with the Islanders if they didn't fire Snow, the only GM he ever had

Lou: "I'm sorry John, you need to change to shirt number 19 and here's a razor for you to shave that stubble off with."

Tavares:  ???
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »
I just wanted to remind everyone that John Tavares is a Maple Leaf and he's only 27 years old.

HOLY CRAP WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Okay, just to fill you in.   The Leafs also got a first overall pick and drafted a wunderkind by the name of Matthews.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »
From director Mike Babcock and exectutive prodcuers Kyle Dubas and Brendan Shanahan: The Tavares Effect. Auston and Naz have banner years feasting on second and third line matchups. Marner, Nylander and Kapanen their speedy skilled wingers.
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2018, 04:24:30 PM »
I hope Tavares at least stopped on his way off the ice and gave that kid an autograph.

Lmao...hahahahahaahahahahah... That had me on the floor laughing. Good one.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »
I said before how those tax calculators that were going around probably weren't all that accurate since people like Tavares likely have very smart people looking after his money and getting paid quite a bit to make sure he's maximizing his returns, and this is a good article describing a couple ways he could do that:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seanpackard/2018/07/06/john-tavares-could-save-nearly-12-million-in-taxes-on-his-new-contract/#6cd63ffe1ab7

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2018, 03:51:38 PM »
Mike Babcock: "How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? ... Once we
                       make it safe they're comin' home."
Bob McGown: "You really think people will WANT to play in Toronto..."
MB: "You got it... They don't right now..."
BM: "It's hard.."
MB: "Ohf.. it's REALLY Hard... Mark my words."

Real gud pro. A real big oppertoonidy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKj1BAj7Io
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:58:19 PM by disco »
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2018, 09:52:30 PM »
Islanders really not happy about Tavares leaving.  One of them penned a letter, messy break up style.

https://www.bardown.com/isles-fan-pens-letter-to-tavares-in-the-form-of-a-breakup-and-isles-nation-is-praising-the-accuracy-1.1139202

Those games in New York could get tense.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2018, 10:38:33 PM »
Islanders really not happy about Tavares leaving.  One of them penned a letter, messy break up style.

https://www.bardown.com/isles-fan-pens-letter-to-tavares-in-the-form-of-a-breakup-and-isles-nation-is-praising-the-accuracy-1.1139202

That was quite the self-contradictory ramble.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »

So...am I crazy or for all of the "Pyjama Boy" stuff isn't the picture Tavares tweeted out of him with a Maple Leafs bedset? There's a Leafs pillow case and bedsheet and duvet cover but he's under the cover isn't he? Where is the pyjama stuff coming from?
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »

So...am I crazy or for all of the "Pyjama Boy" stuff isn't the picture Tavares tweeted out of him with a Maple Leafs bedset? There's a Leafs pillow case and bedsheet and duvet cover but he's under the cover isn't he? Where is the pyjama stuff coming from?

I think that Islanders fans might be just a tad unhinged.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 16, 2018, 08:30:24 AM »

I think that Islanders fans might be just a tad unhinged.

They better have good security at that Feb game in NY (or wherever the hell the Islanders play), based on the vitriol I've seen online, I really worry something stupid might happen when Tavares goes back to play.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:31 AM »
They better have good security at that Feb game in NY (or wherever the hell the Islanders play), based on the vitriol I've seen online, I really worry something stupid might happen when Tavares goes back to play.

Yeah, things might get tense after he scores his 3rd goal and 5th point of the night.

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »
The fans vitriol should be directed at ownership and management, not Tavares.  The organisation has been clown shoes going back to the Mike Milbury days.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »