Author Topic: Say Goodbye to Tyler  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Say Goodbye to Tyler
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
I'll miss him on the faceoff......
Tavares is pretty good on faceoffs too

Offline Frycer14

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
I'll miss him on the faceoff......
Tavares is pretty good on faceoffs too

And they don't have to rush him off the ice right after, either.

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
While I'm thrilled with the Tavares for Bozak upgrade, one trade-off we'll have to live with is losing Bozak's shootout skills.  Bozak is career 41.7% in the shootout, vs. 27% for Tavares.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline leafsjunkie

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
While I'm thrilled with the Tavares for Bozak upgrade, one trade-off we'll have to live with is losing Bozak's shootout skills.  Bozak is career 41.7% in the shootout, vs. 27% for Tavares.

Won't matter when we're winning 6-2 every game.  8)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »

Great article from the Players Tribune to check out. A couple funny things about Phil in there, but this was my favourite paragraph:

Ive been texting James Van Riemsdyk pretty often the last few weeks. Weve been talking about how weird its going to be not playing together. He was my linemate for a long time in Toronto, and I owe him a lot for my success hes a great friend. Were both going to miss playing for this city. But we know this: Youre in good hands, Toronto. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun. Believe in Kyle Dubas and the talent you have. Auston, William and Mitch can do anything. Trust me, I saw them in practice every day, theyre special.
Frank was right

#ButMartyIsANHLer

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23:38 PM »
Awwww man.  Now I don't want him to go.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »

Always liked Bozak and I wouldn't have minded keeping him....just not at 5 mill a year. Great article...best of luck to him!

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 09:58:57 AM »
Thank you Tyler, best of luck
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 10:30:31 AM »

Always liked Bozak and I wouldn't have minded keeping him....just not at 5 mill a year. Great article...best of luck to him!

Yeah, I like him and all that, he just doesn't fit on our team anymore. He's probably best as a 3C but we've got one of the deepest centre cores in the league now.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »

Great article from the Players Tribune to check out. A couple funny things about Phil in there, but this was my favourite paragraph:

Ive been texting James Van Riemsdyk pretty often the last few weeks. Weve been talking about how weird its going to be not playing together. He was my linemate for a long time in Toronto, and I owe him a lot for my success hes a great friend. Were both going to miss playing for this city. But we know this: Youre in good hands, Toronto. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun. Believe in Kyle Dubas and the talent you have. Auston, William and Mitch can do anything. Trust me, I saw them in practice every day, theyre special.

Wonderful article.  I wish him the best.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 01:07:27 PM »
Yeah it's a good article.  I liked Bozak, considering he was a total freebie, college free agent he did really well for the Leafs.  He could have been a perfect 4th line center for the Leafs this upcoming season, but his salary wouldn't allow for that.  I wish him all the best.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »
He was a good soldier. A quality dude. Hopefully him, Uncle Leo and JVR will find success with other clubs. Just not against us.
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
I appreciated his faceoff skills.  Also, his dedication & effort even if he came up somewhat short defensively.  Enjoyed watching him on that line with Kessel & JVR and then with JVR...

So long, Tyler.  Best of luck to you in St.Louis. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:33:46 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaMc2tivC0

Hat-trick and post in O/T. Brings the make-a-wish kid on the ice. It must be so tough to leave just as the Cup starts being a possibility. Just the way the cookie crumbles... If/when the Leafs win it all, JVR/Leo/Bozie's buds need to give them invitations to the Muskoka party ;) For their contributions during almost a decade of desolation.
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »