Author Topic: Marlies' Playoff Games  (Read 10127 times)

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Marlies' Playoff Games
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:28 PM »

Offline barney_rebel

• Veteran
  • The GDT Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2018, 12:17:08 AM »
Was at the Imagine Dragons concert at Budweiser Stage and caught the tail end of the celebration.  Couldn't keep my eyes off the score.

Whatever it takes!

oh and we rule man.
WE _____ MAN

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2018, 06:47:18 AM »
Can't wait to see his Stanley Cup celebration. Of course it'll be on video since I'll be a blubbering crying mess when it happens in real time.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2018, 07:31:10 AM »
Pretty amazing season and how can you not love the emotion from Dubas raising that cup ? How thrilling would it be to see him raising the Stanley Cup ???!!!!!

I think any questions of whether or not he’s capable of putting together a championship winning team have been erased. There’s really only one question that remains. Can he do it with the big club  and bring home Lord Stanley?
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
Would have really stung if the team couldn't finish off this incredible season with a championship. Sure sounds like it was a pretty dominant game 7 effort.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:02 AM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »

We hear a lot about how tough hockey players are for playing through injuries, but honestly making this call to not play through an injury at this point in time because you know it's the best thing for the team says a lot about Dermott.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
Would have really stung if the team couldn't finish off this incredible season with a championship. Sure sounds like it was a pretty dominant game 7 effort.

Marlies were fairly dominant for long stretches but they also had some serious puck luck in the 2nd period.  Texas had a bunch of chances when it was 2-0 that could have easily changed the game.  One guy missed an entire open net, another puck just trickled to the post and almost went in.  If Texas scored in the 2nd to make it 2-1 it could have been an entirely different outcome.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »

We hear a lot about how tough hockey players are for playing through injuries, but honestly making this call to not play through an injury at this point in time because you know it's the best thing for the team says a lot about Dermott.

I'm very pleased he put the team ahead of his pride. It was a shoulder injury that affected his strength and therefore capability. The Marlies played for everyone in the room and in the stands and everyone who came close before but couldn't take it across the line.

From Wheeler's profile on Sparks, it's pretty clear what a great environment Dubas, Keefe, and the Marlies built. Everyone should have a friend like Calvin Pickard and be a friend like Calvin Pickard.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:47 AM »
Everyone should have a friend like Calvin Pickard and be a friend like Calvin Pickard.

Damn. I need this on a poster.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »
Everyone should have a friend like Calvin Pickard and be a friend like Calvin Pickard.

Damn. I need this on a poster.

#Goal(ie)s

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:15 AM »
One thing that sorta stood out to be in what I watched and what I read is that while Liljegren had a good playoffs, he wasn't really leaned on at all. That's somewhat because of the two righties ahead of him (Holl and LoVerde), but I'd like to see him try and take the next step and become a go-to guy with the Marlies before graduating on to the Leafs. There's no need to rush him next season.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:02 AM »
I guess Shanahan and Babcock were there, but they stayed in the background to let the team celebrate.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” - Khalil Gibran

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »

:-*

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »
Love it, hard not to feel a few "warm and fuzzies" about this organization going forward.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »