Author Topic: Kadri suspended 3 games  (Read 838 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Kadri suspended 3 games
« on: April 13, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »

Offline Stronger Than All

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kadri suspended 3 games
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »
Too much IMO.  Suspend the wiggles a game then.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:59:45 PM »

Cool, now let's bring up the dozens of instances where he went easy on guys in these situations!

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
Clap. Clap. Clap.

Offline wnc096

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »

Photo says it all.  Warranted

Offline Bill_Berg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
Well F___.

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
Horseshit. 3 plus the ejection is wildly out of proportion to what other players have gotten for similar hits, particularly in the playoffs.

Between this and the penalty disparity throughout the season, it’s hard not to think that certain decision-makers are biased against the team.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
Knew I had a bad feeling about this. 

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:26:14 PM »
Marchand had better keep his goddamn elbows down the rest of the playoffs is all I have to say.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »
Marchand had better keep his goddamn elbows down the rest of the playoffs is all I have to say.

Why?  So he can avoid another 5K fine. 

If the NHL was going hard on all suspensions of late I would be supporting this but we had very recent examples of what they did with Marchand when he crosschecked a defenseless player in the face for absolutely no reason.  This notion of "taking care of non-hockey plays" stuff is lip service.

Offline jdh1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 08:32:05 PM »
Might open up the game a little more for both teams,now that their watching the hits that closely.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

If the NHL was going hard on all suspensions of late I would be supporting this but we had very recent examples of what they did with Marchand when he crosschecked a defenseless player in the face for absolutely no reason.  This notion of "taking care of non-hockey plays" stuff is lip service.

I don't understand your point, but to clarify mine, Marchand is just like Kadri in terms of reputation.  If he does something similar he should get similar time.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »

I don't understand your point, but to clarify mine, Marchand is just like Kadri in terms of reputation.  If he does something similar he should get similar time.

I think people are afraid that Marchand might do something and there won't be a repercussion.  If that happens it will be like fighting Mike Tyson in his prime with one hand tied behind your back.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” - Khalil Gibran

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 08:39:01 PM »

My point is that I don't trust DoPS to actually be consistent.  Marchard did something dirty 10 days ago and despite his reputation walked away with just a fine in the regular season.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »

My point is that I don't trust DoPS to actually be consistent.  Marchard did something dirty 10 days ago and despite his reputation walked away with just a fine in the regular season.

OK, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic.  We're agreed then.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »