Author Topic: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 15th, 7:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 15th, 7:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 07:28:57 PM »
And you guys wanted to trade JVR.

*slinks off and pretends he wasn't on board for this

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »
Crap.

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »
Cellar Dwellers score!  Leafs 2 - Sabres 1!

3 to go til it's 4-2!

Go Leafs Go.

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »
30 goals for JVR. Not bad.

Interesting he has twice as many goals as assists. Can't be a regular occurrence for a 30+ goal scorer?
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline lc9

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 08:05:25 PM »
I don't have any problem with Martin going in, but yeah like CTB sez it should be for Leivo.  This is a perfect time to assess Johnsson.

What I do have a problem with is getting our asses kicked all the time in Buffalo.  To quote a famous minor hockey coach, that's not coincidence, that's horse____.

If you donít mind my asking, why donít you have a problem with Martin playing?  I think itís pretty clear that Martin is t an nhl caliber player.  There is not one good reason he should be on the roster, let alone taking away ice time from legitimate prospects.  I find it embarrassing for the leafs that they not only continue to have Martin on the roster, but that he actually still gets ice time. 

Offline hrundi99

• Prospect
  • Go Leafs Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
I don't have any problem with Martin going in, but yeah like CTB sez it should be for Leivo.  This is a perfect time to assess Johnsson.

What I do have a problem with is getting our asses kicked all the time in Buffalo.  To quote a famous minor hockey coach, that's not coincidence, that's horse____.

If you donít mind my asking, why donít you have a problem with Martin playing?  I think itís pretty clear that Martin is t an nhl caliber player.  There is not one good reason he should be on the roster, let alone taking away ice time from legitimate prospects.  I find it embarrassing for the leafs that they not only continue to have Martin on the roster, but that he actually still gets ice time.

Is it not possible that he may have to appear on the roster during the playoffs due to injury or other and that playing him every once in a while will maintain his preparedness (such as it is)?

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »

Because it's against a bottom feeder and so I'm willing to have him out there in case BUF decides to get chippy.  But as I said, it should be for Leivo not Johnsson.  We know what he have in Leivo.

Missed the 1st ....  JVR scored twice??   Wow.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »
wouldn't mind of having O'Reilly a few years back, a very good player and of course loves crashing the net if there is a Tim's nearby.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 08:15:39 PM »
CC!

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
Carrick for President!
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 08:16:19 PM »
I can't believe Carrick is even in the .......... lineup.  :o

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »
Carrick scores!  Leafs 3 - Sabres 1

Go Leafs Go!

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
Make that a double latte on the Carrick goal
                                           Navaho Proverb

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:19 PM »

Is it not possible that he may have to appear on the roster during the playoffs due to injury or other and that playing him every once in a while will maintain his preparedness (such as it is)?

Yes, there's that too.  I could see him drawing in in a close-checking series with Boston.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »
Looks like Wilber was trying to poach CC goal? LOL
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »