Author Topic: Tavares  (Read 5904 times)

WhatIfGodWasALeaf, Bill_Berg, Andy (+ 1 Hidden) and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tavares
« Reply #150 on: Today at 05:33:24 PM »

This is dumb but more teams probably do it than we realize.

Anyway if Matt Martin is involved in this in any way it'll be his greatest contribution to the team.

I didn't want to mention it, but now that Bob has broken this, I can tell you that I have been asked to be in the video. 

I think it would only be right for me to solicit your opinions on what I should say...

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Today at 06:01:34 PM »

This is dumb but more teams probably do it than we realize.

Anyway if Matt Martin is involved in this in any way it'll be his greatest contribution to the team.

I didn't want to mention it, but now that Bob has broken this, I can tell you that I have been asked to be in the video. 

I think it would only be right for me to solicit your opinions on what I should say...
Just ask him to read this thread

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Today at 06:51:23 PM »

"Hey John, do you want everyone you've ever known since Grade School bugging you for tickets? People scrutinizing everything about your life and how it relates to your on-ice performance?"

"How about dealing with an irrational, hypercritical media that will be quick to blame you for any of the team's shortcomings while demanding you give them the time they want? Or a rabid fanbase who will talk about loyalty but are so desperate for success they'll turn on you the moment it seems like you're not everything they ever wanted?"

"Lots of money though, right? Nah, despite the massive amounts of revenues you'd be generating for us we're not allowed to offer you any more than the Florida Panthers or Carolina Hurricanes. Wouldn't be fair to them."

"The Toronto Maple Leafs: Because the Uniforms are nice, I guess."
« Last Edit: Today at 06:58:16 PM by Nik the Trik »
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #152 on: Today at 06:51:23 PM »