Author Topic: E Kane to San Jose  (Read 389 times)

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
E Kane to San Jose
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:12:55 PM »
Details to come.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: E Kane to San Jose
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 02:15:05 PM »
This will be the closest comparable to JVR.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »
Conditional 1st, Conditional 4th, and prospect are the level of details they currently have.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »

More details on Evander Kane trade, Sabres get 2019 conditional first-round pick, Dan O'Reagan and a 2020 4th Rd pick
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »
O'Regan is 24 years old and not a NHLer, so Friedman calling him a "prospect" is a bit of a reach. If that 1st can get knocked down to a 2nd somehow with the conditions it's not that great of a return. It's possible the conditions are also just a lottery protection too, but that would bump the pick all the way back to 2020.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
O'Regan is 24 years old and not a NHLer, so Friedman calling him a "prospect" is a bit of a reach. If that 1st can get knocked down to a 2nd somehow with the conditions it's not that great of a return. It's possible the conditions are also just a lottery protection too, but that would bump the pick all the way back to 2020.

GMJE strikes: O'Regan is an alumnus of Boston University.

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

GMJE strikes: O'Regan is an alumnus of Boston University.
Apparently the GM (Eichel) use to play with him.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

Yeah that's not a great return.

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »

Yeah that's not a great return.
Better then nothing, 30 minutes before the deadline.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »
Really feels like a "this is the best we've been offered, might as well get something" type deal.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
Really feels like a "this is the best we've been offered, might as well get something" type deal.

It's been well documented, so I don't think I'm offside in asking, but would you want to add this to your dressing room?

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »
It's been well documented, so I don't think I'm offside in asking, but would you want to add this to your dressing room?

For a playoff run or a team with strong leadership? I don't see much of a problem. Long term or on a younger team? That might be a different issue.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 03:10:13 PM »

For a playoff run or a team with strong leadership? I don't see much of a problem. Long term or on a younger team? That might be a different issue.

And I look at it like you run the risk of adding a disgruntled guy who thinks he's only there for a cup of coffee, so is indifferent and generally doesn't give a damn other than to try and inflate his statistics for his next deal.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 03:19:02 PM »
And I look at it like you run the risk of adding a disgruntled guy who thinks he's only there for a cup of coffee, so is indifferent and generally doesn't give a damn other than to try and inflate his statistics for his next deal.

Or a guy with a chip on his shoulder, who has had only sparse playoff time to be in the spotlight - and is also looking for a big payday in the summer. He's not going to do much for his value if he doesn't help the Sharks accomplish more than a 1st round exit.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »
From the managing editor of SBN’s Sharks blog, Sie Morley

She impresses me.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »