Author Topic: Rick Nash to Bruins  (Read 512 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Rick Nash to Bruins
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Nash to Bruins
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »

Here's the total deal:

So, yeah, seems like JVR would be pretty valuable.
-Mark Twain

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:33:44 AM »
There’s retained salary on both Nash and Beleskey

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
Yep, trade JVR.   Use the assets to acquire a D-Man (or get a prospect back worth developing into one).  The value of guys st this point is just too high.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
Yep, trade JVR.   Use the assets to acquire a D-Man (or get a prospect back worth developing into one).  The value of guys st this point is just too high.
As useful as he'd be I think we can slot in another player (Johnsson?) into his spot. Obviously we won't be that effective up front but I mean Nash isn't even that good anymore and look what he returned. (Although I don't know how good those players are that Boston gave up).
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »
I find it interesting how we all (it seems) pretty much agree on trading JVR and yet no one thinks management will do it. 

My psychology is this:  I’m happy the team has improved and I’ve enjoyed the season. It looks like a tough slog through the playoffs.  I want to improve further in future years.  That kind of delayed gratification is fairly rare in sports — it is hard not to want the best right now. But I get a sense others feel that too.  I wonder if management is aware of fan psychology.  It would be great if they exploited it this year ...

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
Ryan Lindgren doesn't seem like a prospect with much NHL potential around him. I think the real value in this trade for the Rangers depends on what they do with the other pieces they get. If they can flip Spooner for like a 2nd, and if Beleskey can became a decent 3rd liner again they could flip him for a 3rd rounder next season, then that's a nice haul of draft picks.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Ryan Lindgren doesn't seem like a prospect with much NHL potential around him. I think the real value in this trade for the Rangers depends on what they do with the other pieces they get. If they can flip Spooner for like a 2nd, and if Beleskey can became a decent 3rd liner again they could flip him for a 3rd rounder next season, then that's a nice haul of draft picks.
Could Spooner be a trade target for us? Shore up the 4C slot?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 10:43:16 AM »

He's not really that sort of player. If the Leafs were interested in him it'd more be about someone to be a Bozak replacement.
-Mark Twain

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 10:43:49 AM »

I'd imagine if they were going for a 3C type to slot in at 4C they'd be targeting someone with a little more defensive ability, like Plekanec. I'm not a huge fan of Spooner anyway. He reminds me of Bozak. Not in terms of their direct style of play, but in the sense that they both score in very comfortable minutes/situations and don't play much defence. 

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Ryan Lindgren doesn't seem like a prospect with much NHL potential around him.

Is that based on the lousy college numbers or something else that would have negatively affected his bonafides since being drafted? Because he made two World Junior teams.
-Mark Twain

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »
Can the Leafs trade JVR already?  I'd like another first round pick.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »
Is that based on the lousy college numbers or something else that would have negatively affected his bonafides since being drafted? Because he made two World Junior teams.

Lousy college numbers and the fact that most rankings of Boston's top prospects don't have him included. They aren't perfect rankings, but SBNations' blog sites do their top-25 under-25 for their teams every year and he was ranked 23rd on Boston's. Filtering out NHLers that still puts him way outside their top-10 prospects.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
Lousy college numbers and the fact that most rankings of Boston's top prospects don't have him included. They aren't perfect rankings, but SBNations' blog sites do their top-25 under-25 for their teams every year and he was ranked 23rd on Boston's. Filtering out NHLers that still puts him way outside their top-10 prospects.

Fair enough. I only ask because opinion seems divided on that front on the twitter machine.
-Mark Twain

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
Fair enough. I only ask because opinion seems divided on that front on the twitter machine.

Most of the scouting reports I've seen on him are that he's a hard-hitting, defensive defenceman with leadership qualities and limited offensive upside. Meh. More often than not those guys become 6/7 defencemen at best.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »