Author Topic: Bruins @ Leafs - Feb. 24th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590  (Read 2292 times)

Online princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bruins @ Leafs - Feb. 24th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
But he knocked McEvoy into Rask.
At this point I really have no idea where the line is on goalie interference, but I doubt anyone would really have been surprised if that one had been called back. It's just nice to be on the other side of the decision for once.

Yeah, I have no idea what the criteria are so I cant even begin to judge one way or the other.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2018, 09:55:28 AM »
2nd in the East, 5th overall. No matters what happens I'm enjoying this now.

Never forget Leafs were 30th two seasons ago

I was just thinking that it's really amazing how far this team has come in such a short period of time.

It's funny that at the start of last season, it was widely agreed the the Buffalo Sabres were about a year ahead of the Leafs in their rebuild.

What about Edmonton? It was widely believed they were 2 or 3 years ahead of the Leafs.
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2018, 11:03:47 AM »
I thought Leivo played well tonight.  What did you guys think?

He looked fine, but Kapanen was by-far the star of that line.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »
Leivo was alright considering he hasn't played since the moon landing.  Don't know what we could expect from a guy who just sits all season.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2018, 11:17:28 AM »
How did Nylander look at Centre, we are going to need him to step up with Matthews out for at least 4-6 weeks.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2018, 11:22:17 AM »
He looked great. His mobility and puck-control really shone.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2018, 11:37:59 AM »
The encouraging thing last night for me was only allowing 2 shots in the second period.  Sure one went in, but still that's a pretty good job at dictating play against a strong opponent. 

The thing is I'm not sure what team the Leafs are.  The one that played last night that looked like they would make it a series against the Bruins, or the one that showed up a couple of weeks ago where it looked like they didn't even deserve to be on the same ice surface.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »
One went in because of JVR. I think the Leafs are more of last nights team.  Sure they'll crap the bed every so often but they've beat Boston 3 out of 4 and are 7-1 in their last 8 against them I believe. That's not a fluke. The Leafs are a really good team.
I have a feeling after this long run with Willie at centre, he might just be staying there.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »
http://www.sportsnet.ca/videos/shows/ron-and-don-video/

All of the Coaches Corner segments get uploaded to Sportsnet's website. All season long, they've been the full 7-8 minute pieces. The one uploaded from last night is only 3:57. They cut out the entire second half where he rages on Europeans and how the Russian ref conspired against Canada on that one penalty haha!

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
http://www.sportsnet.ca/videos/shows/ron-and-don-video/

All of the Coaches Corner segments get uploaded to Sportsnet's website. All season long, they've been the full 7-8 minute pieces. The one uploaded from last night is only 3:57. They cut out the entire second half where he rages on Europeans and how the Russian ref conspired against Canada on that one penalty haha!
I think it's done that way because of the Olympics. Don's rage was on the Olympics Coach's Corner. They were 2 separate segments recorded at different times.
https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/coach-corner-canadian-european-hockey/

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
I think it's done that way because of the Olympics. Don's rage was on the Olympics Coach's Corner. They were 2 separate segments recorded at different times.

Hmmm yeah I knew that part of it was pre-recorded from the Olympic broadcast but didn't consider the potential rights-issue there when it came to streaming. I'll still happily pretend that Sportsnet is just trying to cover up how insane he sounds.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »

Hmmm yeah I knew that part of it was pre-recorded from the Olympic broadcast but didn't consider the potential rights-issue there when it came to streaming. I'll still happily pretend that Sportsnet is just trying to cover up how insane he sounds.
Hahaha..I don't agree about that conspiracy theory but he is right about that particular penalty tho. Clearly the Germans skate is in the wrong place also.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2018, 08:10:51 PM »
He looked great. His mobility and puck-control really shone.
Thanks Bullfrog, it is more than encouraging that Nylander can find that Sundin like niche, although we want all things to be sunshine, lollypops and everything, what happens if one of our top new guys gets sidelined for more than 6 weeks. We need to know that the other guys can pick up the slack and run with the puck.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
Didn't hurt that he had Guy LaFleur.....I mean Marner on his wing.

Offline sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2018, 11:35:39 PM »
Wow Boston lost to Buffalo today.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2018, 11:35:39 PM »