Author Topic: Soshnikov traded to the Blues  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Soshnikov traded to the Blues
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 07:06:18 PM »
You might have  a decent argument if that Panik guy isn't currently being healthy scratched by the Coyotes!!!!!   
Really dumb trade . Heís tearing up the AHL. This looks like a Panik situation all over again. Why they give skilled guys away to keep junk like Komarov, Moore and Martin I have no idea.

Iíd sloy him in over Brown, Komarov and Brown right now.

He played well when he left. But fine, replace Panik with Steen in my comment. Or any other skilled player that the Leafs gave away over the years to keep around veteran plugs that were liked by the coach of the day. .

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
Really dumb trade . Heís tearing up the AHL. This looks like a Panik situation all over again. Why they give skilled guys away to keep junk like Komarov, Moore and Martin I have no idea.

Iíd sloy him in over Brown, Komarov and Brown right now.
You'd slot him ahead of Brown twice? I'll give you Komarov and Martin, Moore is a center and Sosh isn't so that won't work. What bad things has Connor Brown done besides score 20 goals as a rookie?

Lower ceiling, in my view. Doesnít have the speed or hands. He isnít a bad player but is also not as good as I believe Sosh will be.

I know Moore plays center but the team could shuffle the back end to make it work.

Having said all that, the guy Sosh should obviously have replaced is Komarov. It bugs me that the team wouldnít have at least tried him in that spot (or Brownís spot, moving Brown back to the fourth) before dumping him.

Offline Bill_Berg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
I always thought Soshnikov would replace Komarov next season. Hmph.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »
This the opposite of how I feel about this.

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »

Wow! I had expected a little more than a 4th.

Online leafsjunkie

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
Umm, I don't like this at all.

I wish they waived or traded Komarov.

Babcock throwing around his weight, with the front office. IMO.

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 07:44:47 PM »
Sad to see Sosh go. He was worth more than a 4th rounder.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »
This the opposite of how I feel about this.
I am less than thrilled, I think Leivo should have gone but perhaps the Leaf minds have other plans for him. I liked AK-47 but he is no longer our rifle of choice. Good luck in St.Louis, stay healthy and have a great career.  Score a few against us for revenge, it is dish best served up cold.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 07:59:31 PM »
I always like Sosh, he seemed to never be the same after his concussion. Before it he would bang and have the skill element. After, well too many guys passed him on the depth chart. Patient zero of what I'm predicting as years of useful to good guys going out the door for lack of roster space and cap cheese. It's the right thing to do, keep drafting and developing to re-stock your superstar core for hopefully a decade of Cup contention.
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline Captain Canuck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 08:11:28 PM »
Unfortunately Sosh got caught up in the numbers game. Probably the first of a few tough decisions the team will need to make on young talented players in order to build a Cup contender. Best of luck in St. Louis!

Offline Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »
So did they choose to keep Leivo over Sosh, or was the market for Sosh better? I don't think he's looked very good in the NHL since his injury (and he does seem to be injury prone) so to me, not a big loss...someone had to go. But the Leivo situation is mystifying to me.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
So did they choose to keep Leivo over Sosh, or was the market for Sosh better? I don't think he's looked very good in the NHL since his injury (and he does seem to be injury prone) so to me, not a big loss...someone had to go. But the Leivo situation is mystifying to me.
I think people here are over valuing Sosh. This guy can't even make our team and we didn't get enough for him? I liked him but agree, he wasn't the same after his injury. He's missed about 20 games a year also. We were stuck at 50 contracts, moving a non roster player and his contract for any decent return is good. Good luck to him in St Louis. I personally would've put Martin on waivers but that's me..
As for Leivo, who knows what's going to happen there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded or in the line up soon.

Online Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »
I have two thoughts regarding Leivo vs. Sosh

1. Sosh is often injured and I think that sours management on him vs. Leivo
2.  I donít think Leivo would fetch you more but I doubt heíd go unclaimed.

And a final thought:
Andreas Johnson is probably going to replace Komarov next year.

For those reasons Iím not terribly upset.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
This guy can't even make our team and we didn't get enough for him?

There's a difference between "can't make the team" and "didn't make the team". A few weaks ago Kapanen "couldn't" make the team over Martin.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 04:53:46 AM »
Bad asset management when guys like Leivo (who Babcock clearly doesnít want to use), Moore and Martin are kept over Soshnikov when the return is pretty middling.  I didnít like the draft this year so hopefully this isnít more of that trend.

Between that and bringing Polak back and playing him over Carrick and Borgman Iím not liking this trend away from Dubas style organization.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:55:52 AM by L K »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 04:53:46 AM »