Author Topic: Phaneuf traded to LA  (Read 374 times)

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Phaneuf traded to LA
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »
It's kind of neat that the Senators lost Marc Methot to Vegas because Phaneuf wouldn't waive his no-movement clause in the summer, and then Ottawa later had to retain Phaneuf salary and take on Gaborik's contract to get rid of him, while Phaneuf gets to leave the sinking ship.

This pleases me.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
Saravelli says $5.5 million in cash savings for the Sens.

Yeah. The original report I read didn't include the cost savings from Thompsons vs Shore (which, I suppose, also depends on what happens with Shore going forward, as he's an RFA this summer). The $4M figure is what they save specifically from flipping Phaneuf at 25% retained for Gaborik.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
It's kind of neat that the Senators lost Marc Methot to Vegas because Phaneuf wouldn't waive his no-movement clause in the summer, and then Ottawa later had to retain Phaneuf salary and take on Gaborik's contract to get rid of him, while Phaneuf gets to leave the sinking ship.

This pleases me.

Kind of funny, Phaneuf probably assumed, like the rest of the hockey world, that Vegas would be hot garbage this season and he didn't want to be part of a bottom feeder team...then he stays in Ottawa and he's part of a bottom feeder team....

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »