Author Topic: Predators @ Leafs - Feb. 7th, 7:30pm - SN, TSN 1050  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Crake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Predators @ Leafs - Feb. 7th, 7:30pm - SN, TSN 1050
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »

Wheee...

Roman Josi was also drafted with a pick (38th in 2008) that had actually originally belonged to the Leafs.  The Leafs sent that pick to Arizona in the Yanic Perreault trade, and Arizona later sent the pick to Nashville, who selected Josi.
The Weber pick was never the Leafs though. If Nashville received that for the belfour signing that was just a new pick the league created not the Leafs pick they had to give up for signing him.

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2018, 06:02:58 AM »
As much as I love Andersen, part of me still misses Belfour. They don't make them quite that crazy any more.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2018, 07:36:41 AM »

Wheee...

Roman Josi was also drafted with a pick (38th in 2008) that had actually originally belonged to the Leafs.  The Leafs sent that pick to Arizona in the Yanic Perreault trade, and Arizona later sent the pick to Nashville, who selected Josi.

The Weber pick was never the Leafs though. If Nashville received that for the belfour signing that was just a new pick the league created not the Leafs pick they had to give up for signing him.

Yes, I know.  That's why I said the Josi pick "had actually originally belonged to the Leafs".
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 10:19:07 AM »
He's the team's MVP this year, hands down.

Agreed and by some distance too.

Matthews' goals per game this season is 4th in the league, which is a pretty impressive accomplishment. I agree I'd give Andersen the nod there but Mats is right behind him still to me.

Yeah, Matthews has been immense, although Im not sure the team could handle an extended absence from Andersen.

We havent had a goalie even close to him since The Eagle.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 10:19:07 AM »