Author Topic: Erik Karlsson  (Read 1888 times)

Offline skrackle

• Marlie
    • View Profile
Re: Erik Karlsson
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »
Only seen Karlsson a few times this year but he's been mediocre. That playoff run was dominant. Could be a combination of post heel surgery difficulties and being on a club way past playing any meaningful games. Why push yourself right?

Karlsson's injury is from what I've read, a difficult one to come back from. It's entirely possible he'll never be the player he once was.

On the other hand, maybe he's physically fine but tired of playing for a team that's going nowhere. Not the most professional approach, but hey, we're only human.

It's a risk for any team trading for him. Might pay off huge. Or not.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
Is Karlsson the same player he once was?  Wonder if those injuries are catching up to him or if it's just a bad year and he'll bounce back next season?  Imagine a team gives him a monster contract as a UFA and the Karlsson of this season is what you get for 7 years.

Not having a proper training camp and being on a team that's been a mess all season is definitely not helping him. You can still see flashes of the player he was as recently as last season, so, I'm confident in saying it's still there. He'll be his typical self next season. I mean, even with the rough year he's having, he's on pace for what would be a 60 point 82 game season, and has the best possession numbers on the Senators.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:09:04 PM by bustaheims »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
Is Karlsson the same player he once was?  Wonder if those injuries are catching up to him or if it's just a bad year and he'll bounce back next season?  Imagine a team gives him a monster contract as a UFA and the Karlsson of this season is what you get for 7 years.

Not having a proper training camp and being on a team that's been a mess all season is definitely not helping him. You can still see flashes of the player he was as recently as last season, so, I'm confident in saying it's still there. He'll be his typical self next season. I mean, even with the rough year he's having, he's on pace for what would be a 60 point 82 game season, and has the best possession numbers on the Senators.
A coach that euthanizes offense as well.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
He's also spent most of this season dragging around the corpse of Johnny Oduya.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »
I heard Methot was yuge for him during the drive last year and they lost him.
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »
Ya Willie the Kid
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »