Author Topic: Leafs @ Oilers - Nov. 30th, 9:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Oilers - Nov. 30th, 9:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »

There's an Archer gif I'd like to use that would be inappropriate on a family site so I'll just say that I enjoyed this win thoroughly.

I got a buddy in intel who tells me they detected a 5-figure bitcoin trade last night at approximately midnight EST that benefited the digital wallet of somebody with the username "fancystatssuck."  You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, now would you Mr. Trik hmmmm?

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »

There's an Archer gif I'd like to use that would be inappropriate on a family site so I'll just say that I enjoyed this win thoroughly.

I got a buddy in intel who tells me they detected a 5-figure bitcoin trade last night at approximately midnight EST that benefited the digital wallet of somebody with the username "fancystatssuck."  You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, now would you Mr. Trik hmmmm?

All of my money is tied up in Edmonton stadium futures.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2017, 12:29:48 PM »
Nylander played 11 minutes last night. Only 10 at even-strength. For all the talk about how him playing on the 4th line isn't that big of a deal... this is why it is.

Why is it?

If he's being matched up against the other teams' 4th line, then I'm not surprised about the ice time.  That's the idea:  to get him time against lousier 4th line opponents. 

Was he not playing against Edmonton's 4th line?  I ask because I did not watch the game...I need my beauty sleep.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
Nylander played 11 minutes last night. Only 10 at even-strength. For all the talk about how him playing on the 4th line isn't that big of a deal... this is why it is.

Why is it?

If he's being matched up against the other teams' 4th line, then I'm not surprised about the ice time.  That's the idea:  to get him time against lousier 4th line opponents. 

Was he not playing against Edmonton's 4th line?  I ask because I did not watch the game...I need my beauty sleep.

I think the argument might be that the 3rd leading scoring on the team shouldn't be getting only 11 minutes.  Playing him on the 4th line, fine.  Bozak is allowed to dog it game after game without the same punishments but then when he's dominating a game like last night, his ice time should go up, not stay stationary.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »

Why is it?

I think the argument might be that the 3rd leading scoring on the team shouldn't be getting only 11 minutes.  Playing him on the 4th line, fine.  Bozak is allowed to dog it game after game without the same punishments but then when he's dominating a game like last night, his ice time should go up, not stay stationary.

And I understand the thinking there, but it's not congruent with "hiding" him with the sheltered minutes.

Again, I don't think it's punishment.  Bozak doesn't get the same treatment because Bozak wouldn't be as effective in that spot, and really, Nylander had a hell of a game, according to the GDT.  Also, I think he would have played more PP time if there were any to be had.

I don't think it's going to be something that Babcock can get away with the whole season, Nylander probably has a bullseye on his back after this past few games.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »

Pam, Krieger, or Cheryl?

I really don't understand what bearclaws have to do with the Leafs winning.
Maybe he's referring to falafels?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »

This is going to be so good.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »

This is going to be so good.

Is analytics a verb?

"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »