Author Topic: Leafs @ Habs - Nov. 18th, 7:00pm - CBC, Fan 590  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Habs - Nov. 18th, 7:00pm - CBC, Fan 590
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
The lede from the MTL Gazette:

Let’s start off by conceding the Toronto Maple Leafs are a very good hockey team with lots of firepower and a goaltender who is on a hot streak.

Conversely, the Canadiens aren’t a very good hockey team and the goaltender whose play had given them a semblance of respectability appears to have a hit a wall.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »

Let’s start off by conceding the Toronto Maple Leafs are a very good hockey team with lots of firepower and a goaltender who is on a hot streak.

Conversely, the Canadiens aren’t a very good hockey team and the goaltender whose play had given them a semblance of respectability appears to have a hit a wall.

Fair and Balanced.
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2017, 04:35:29 PM »

Fair and Balanced.

;D  That made me laugh.

May I just say, once again,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABS

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »
I always miss the good games.

I spent a lot of the offseason making fun of the Habs’ offseason so this feels pretty good. They’re not actually this bad and their third string goalie is actually quite good, but all they have is their (declining/injured) goalie to hang their hat on, and an offensive system that relies on the point shot in all situations (donor let their CF% fool you), and a management style that seems to eschew talent for... character? They’ve become the Boston Bruins in all the wrong ways. 

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »
I always miss the good games.

I spent a lot of the offseason making fun of the Habs’ offseason so this feels pretty good. They’re not actually this bad and their third string goalie is actually quite good, but all they have is their (declining/injured) goalie to hang their hat on, and an offensive system that relies on the point shot in all situations (donor let their CF% fool you), and a management style that seems to eschew talent for... character? They’ve become the Boston Bruins in all the wrong ways.

Without the relatively recent Cup I would add.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »