Author Topic: Leafs @ Sharks - Oct. 30th, 10:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050  (Read 2789 times)

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Sharks - Oct. 30th, 10:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »
1.5 out of 3 ain't bad, I guess.

That's loser talk.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
It's a huge move in the right direction.  Lets trade Bozak for a good Mr. Coffee machine, put Fehr back in a 4th Centre and drop, Moore and Polak as well.
It seems we were playing and winning with Fehr and Carrick in the lineup. 
Polak gets rewarded with a Million for his broken leg and thanks for the effort. Perhaps a coaching role with the Marlies.
And finally Leivo gets to play cause he has earned it.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2017, 07:04:03 PM »
Martin deserves his cemented spot for all the hypothetical fights he prevents.  Compare it to McDavid who has been murdered 11 times this year alone.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
Martin deserves his cemented spot for all the hypothetical fights he prevents.  Compare it to McDavid who has been murdered 11 times this year alone.

This made me laugh aloud.

Responding back to Highlander, Bozak deserves his demotion but do keep in mind he's been a very good faceoff man.  In the olden days (like, what, 2 yrs ago) they kept a guy on the roster just to do that.

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »

This made me laugh aloud.

Responding back to Highlander, Bozak deserves his demotion but do keep in mind he's been a very good faceoff man.  In the olden days (like, what, 2 yrs ago) they kept a guy on the roster just to do that.

That's true but this year Kadri has a better percentage than him and Matthews, Nylander, Moore and Marner are all over 50%. He's becoming more and more antiquated.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »

We've learned a few things since then - namely, what you do after the faceoff is significantly more important than the faceoff itself. Bozak hasn't been particularly good at that so far this season. He doesn't deserve a spot on the roster because he wins one more faceoffs than the average player every second game (which is roughly what his faceoff prowess so far this season works out to be - even at his best, it really only works out to one faceoff win above average per game).
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2017, 11:37:03 PM »

We've learned a few things since then - namely, what you do after the faceoff is significantly more important than the faceoff itself. Bozak hasn't been particularly good at that so far this season. He doesn't deserve a spot on the roster because he wins one more faceoffs than the average player every second game (which is roughly what his faceoff prowess so far this season works out to be - even at his best, it really only works out to one faceoff win above average per game).

The other day when I checked he was 38th in the league, kadri was like 32 or something.  Not like he's worthless.  But, like I said, he deserves the demotion, just like Marner did.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2017, 02:48:14 AM »
I chided grieves about ragging on Babcock but this team looks real Carlyle right now and the coaching isn't helping.

Speaking of the Carlyle era...

Did you notice the game's call had weird echoes of the last decade?

Team's getting caved in, nothing's happening, somehow hanging on but we know what the result is... announcers grasping at straws to make the game seem more competitive, closer than it is.

Good times.

More like a preview of hell.

I watched most of the game and something looked eerily familiar...now that you mention it, the Carlyle era...that thought crossed my mind.  Nah, it was a Halloween joke.  Ha!ha! No kidding! (seriously).

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
The other day when I checked he was 38th in the league, kadri was like 32 or something.  Not like he's worthless.  But, like I said, he deserves the demotion, just like Marner did.

Maybe not, but the thing he does well isn't really that valuable, so . . .
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »
Yeah, Bozak gotsta go.  I'd much rather have a Brian Boyle type player at this point.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
Getzlaf is on the IR.
Gibson took a puck to the giblets (or maybe the jib) yesterday so I don't know if he's good to go.
Vatanen is still out from shoulder surgery and Lindholm is only playing his 5th game of the season after the same surgery.

The Leafs have a really good shot at the Ducks tonight.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »