Author Topic: Marincin on waivers  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Marincin on waivers
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »

Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
Marincin on waivers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »
 Marincin on waivers.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Marincin on waivers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
Meh. He was basically the perfect #7 defenceman. I don't get this unless Marincin/his agent asked for it.

Offline Kaberle15

• Veteran
  • They Did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »
Polak will get a contract...
A.K.A Gardiner51, Changed back to Kaberle15 now that he is retired.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
And while I doubt it happens because I think the Leafs like McBackup, Calvin Pickard would likely be an upgrade on our back-up goalie position.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »
All reports have talked about how he is a confidence player in a big way, perhaps this is an attempt to let him find his game and confidence before he gets another look?

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
Meh. He was basically the perfect #7 defenceman. I don't get this unless Marincin/his agent asked for it.

I wonder about that as well. Considering the timeing, a request from the Marincin camp does feel like the most likely scenario. Also a slim possibility it could be an indication that a trade is close, but the other team doesn't want to take Marincin in return - which would be the case if the Leafs are picking up a D from Vegas.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Kaberle15

• Veteran
  • They Did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

I wonder about that as well. Considering the timeing, a request from the Marincin camp does feel like the most likely scenario. Also a slim possibility it could be an indication that a trade is close, but the other team doesn't want to take Marincin in return - which would be the case if the Leafs are picking up a D from Vegas.

Or they decided to sign Polak or save some Cap (If he clears his cap hit is 225k)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 12:39:12 PM by Kaberle15 »
A.K.A Gardiner51, Changed back to Kaberle15 now that he is retired.

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
I think the only reason he remained up with the club was because they were trying to trade him before waiving him.  Since nobody bit, down he goes.

I suspect Rosen gets the callup and will likely rotate with Borg and/or Carrick.

One Martin down, one to go. ;)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »

Same here.

Offline cabber24

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Not sure how this plays out. Who's going to sit in the press box now? I rather Rosen play everyday for the Marlies instead of sitting and watching the Leafs play. Polak is a decent guess? Levio for a Vegas D man? No idea.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 03:36:48 PM »
Not sure how this plays out. Who's going to sit in the press box now? I rather Rosen play everyday for the Marlies instead of sitting and watching the Leafs play. Polak is a decent guess? Levio for a Vegas D man? No idea.

Assuming there's no signing or trade Babs would have to rotate Rosen and Borgman and maybe even Carrick on a regular basis. You can't have any of those guys sitting in the pressbox for weeks at a time.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
I'd much rather see Polak as the #7 over Marincin. IMO, he's nowhere close to an NHL defender.

Offline Coco-puffs

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
I wonder if putting him on Waivers now is just for future flexibility.  ie, starting tomorrow at noon he's still on the roster BUT if someone else comes on waivers they like more or a trade presents itself that doesn't have a roster player going back, he can be assigned to the AHL immediately and the transaction is not held up.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
Yeah, probably a flexibility move. Man, if Martin could ever get some consistency going in his career, 6'5 230lbs that can pass and skate...
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »