Author Topic: 2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs - General Discussion  (Read 18143 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: 2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs - General Discussion
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
How the Leafs stack up in the eyes of the people:  (user's of the report card section of The Athletic app)

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: Yesterday at 02:19:38 PM »
@jonassiegel
Babcock confirms that Martin is healthy. Stands to be a healthy scratch Friday for the first time as a Leaf.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: Yesterday at 02:26:22 PM »
@jonassiegel
Babcock confirms that Martin is healthy. Stands to be a healthy scratch Friday for the first time as a Leaf.

What the!?

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: Yesterday at 02:27:04 PM »
@jonassiegel

Sound the celebration alarm! Babcock has caught up to the boards from last year! Numfar! Do the dance of joy!

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:31:33 PM by herman »

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: Yesterday at 02:34:09 PM »
@jonassiegel

Sound the celebration alarm! Babcock has caught up to the boards from last year! Numfar! Do the dance of joy!

I'm pretty sure Herman has kidnapped Mike Babcock and taken his place.  That's why he was so snippy to those reporters about the lines question.  It was really Herman, who was afraid of being found out.  (psst Herman, move Nylander to centre).
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: Yesterday at 02:35:18 PM »
It's gonna be great when he changes his mind and plays Martin anyway on Friday.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: Yesterday at 02:44:13 PM »

Josh Leivo:

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: Yesterday at 02:49:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure Herman has kidnapped Mike Babcock and taken his place.  That's why he was so snippy to those reporters about the lines question.  It was really Herman, who was afraid of being found out.  (psst Herman, move Nylander to centre).

When have I ever been snippy*?  ;D

* not counting that time I ran down the hall with scissors on each hand

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: Yesterday at 03:15:07 PM »
@jonassiegel

Hey, this looks fun! Hopefully they can string some wins together and stick for a bit.
How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, theyre coming home. Mark my words, theyll be coming.
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Online L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: Yesterday at 04:47:36 PM »
It's gonna be great when he changes his mind and plays Martin anyway on Friday.

Offline Strangelove

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: Yesterday at 04:50:14 PM »
@jonassiegel

Not bad. Would be better if Babcock switched Marleau and Komorov, since the latter is no longer a top 9 player.

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #401 on: Today at 09:01:34 AM »
@jonassiegel

The funny thing is, Martin hasn't annoyed me so much this year. He's been fairly adequate and even done some decent things.

But really I think this decision probably makes the Leafs a better lineup so you can't really argue.

I hope it works cos you know as soon as anything goes wrong Martin will be back in. Tie goes to the veteran after all.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: Today at 09:13:45 AM »
The funny thing is, Martin hasn't annoyed me so much this year. He's been fairly adequate and even done some decent things.

But really I think this decision probably makes the Leafs a better lineup so you can't really argue.

I hope it works cos you know as soon as anything goes wrong Martin will be back in. Tie goes to the veteran after all.

I feel like he becomes really noticeable (in a not-good way I mean) the most when Babcock tries to run 4 even lines like he is here. He just feels like such an anchor on any line that he would go on. So I'd be fine with Babs alternating between using 4 even lines like this and sitting Martin and loading up the top-9 a little more and running a Martin-Moore-Soshnikov 4th line.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: Today at 09:17:05 AM »
How much of Martin being scratched is some handshake agreement for getting Leivo minutes for signing the extension?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #403 on: Today at 09:17:05 AM »