Author Topic: Hyman Signed  (Read 4124 times)

Offline mr grieves

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hyman Signed
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »
Having watched most of the games last season, I know why it's not showing up, and I don't have a problem with it.

Recency bias.

That line ended strong. Matthews-Hyman-Brown/Nylander at even strength was pretty up and down and had a pretty rough stretch between the all-star break and last few weeks of the season.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
Just checking in on my new Seth Griffith:

GPavgTOIGAPtsSH%CF%
YTD2217:08471110.80%52.30%
Pace82152641

Oh look, better shooting percentage when not driving all the way into the crease. I think it'll dip to between 8-9% by the end of the season, and he'll probably get 13 goals if his shooting rate holds steady.

It's still a bit early, but I think we've got a better picture of what Zach Hyman can do. 8 of his 11 pts are primary pts, but even when he's not hitting the scoresheet directly, he is freeing up pucks for his (more skilled) linemates to scoop up, and tying up defensemen.

Last night, he was the victim of circumstance, being pushed from behind so that his stick poked Raanta in the pads, causing Matthews' storybook goal to be disallowed.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »
There's a chance Hyman's box stats gets a boost from playing against weaker competition if he's lower on the lineup. His 6% sh% is characteristically lower than his career would suggest. He had that explosive senior year with Michigan where he was probably in an overmatch position to succeed and did so.

How do you conclude that 6% SH% is lower than his career would suggest?  He only had 16 other games before last season.  Maybe 6% is what he shoots?  (in 98 career games now he's 7.3%)

He is shooting consistently from high danger areas, and really his only shooting problem was that he was too close at times, due to skating into the pile with his head down. I don't have corsica's numbers available now, but during the year, he was consistently underperforming his xGF.

When he was on the PK, he didn't go as deep, and in transition plays, he showed capable hands. I think he can be better when he's not playing a deferential top line role on his off wing with players that think faster than he does.

8)
*promptly falls mid-celly

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »
Quietly on pace for 15 goals and 43 points. Not bad for $2.25M per.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »