Author Topic: Moore Signed  (Read 1077 times)

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Moore Signed
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »
In the few games I saw, he's still fast and an intelligent player. I'm really curious about who was the driving force behind this signing. It's a clear departure from "tough" 4th line players. A 4th line with Moore, Soshnikov, Kapenen is much better than a bruising 4th line.

I wonder how much -- or if -- this will impact Martin's TOI.

I think it will hurt Kapanen or Soshnikov's minutes, as I believe they will play Martin more. Ben Smith even more, if he even survives on the team.
BWB

Online Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »
I have to imagine Ben Smith will be press-box staple or on the Marlies. Moore will be the 4th line centre.

My question is more along the lines of "does this signify a change in direction on the 4th line?" I'm realistic though; Martin's here for three more seasons.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:17 AM »
I have to imagine Ben Smith will be press-box staple or on the Marlies. Moore will be the 4th line centre.

My question is more along the lines of "does this signify a change in direction on the 4th line?" I'm realistic though; Martin's here for three more seasons.

I was kind of routing for Gauthier, but he is slow with his development. He could play a Boyle type game, but he's just not there yet.
I think Moore brings better possession, with his abilities in the face-off circle. I don't think the direction has changed. Seems the Leafs really want that veteran presence as a development tool for the young players, we have a lot of them..
BWB

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:17 AM »