Author Topic: Eberle to NYI  (Read 763 times)

Offline cabber24

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Eberle to NYI
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »
I guess Chiarelli it's not afraid to loose a trade on paper to make his team better. Hall and Eberle gone but a better D and better chemistry. The optics make sense to me. Sometimes addition from subtraction makes sense.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
Actually Chiarelli is pretty terrible.

Online Bates

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
I wouldn't argue that currently but the money to pay your centers has to come from somewhere and a $6 million winger who can't generate offence  alone is a luxury the Oilers will not be able to afford next year.
I don't expect Chiarelli to use it very wisely but the Oilers are better keeping Russell and getting rid of Eberle vs the other way around.

After Draisaitl (who for all we know might move to centre once Chia trades RNH for scraps) their top-6 wingers are pretty ugly. I don't think you can keep banking on Patrick Maroon to score close to 30 goals, even if he is attached to McDavid's hip. Eberle's been a consistent 25 goal/60 point winger. That's not easy to replace.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
Eberle for Strome doesn't make their D better, neither does retaining a player they had last season. The chemistry thing remains to be seen.

I'm with herman on this one.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »
Kris Russel and better D.  I'll take not signing Russel I guess.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »