Author Topic: Drouin to Montreal for Sergachev  (Read 1091 times)

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Drouin to Montreal for Sergachev
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
How Shananan/Lamoriello/Dubas can be just sitting there this morning while Bergevin is essentially handing them their lunch in the Team Improvement Race is simply beyond belief.  Do something, for God's sake -- anything!!!

Did he, though? If Radulov and/or Markov don't re-sign, have they really improved?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:27 AM »
Lol if Drouin was what you wanted to improve the Leafs.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »
How Shananan/Lamoriello/Dubas can be just sitting there this morning while Bergevin is essentially handing them their lunch in the Team Improvement Race is simply beyond belief.  Do something, for God's sake -- anything!!!

Is this sarcasm?  I can't tell anymore on the interwebs.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:24 AM »

It has to be. Everybody knows that Dubas isn't allowed to make decisions.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
It's hardly fair to compare Drouin's 70 rookie games to Nylander who only got into 22.  Sure 1.71 in 22 games is lower than 1.95 in 70, but c'mon, Nylander barely got a chance to get going in only 22 games.

Sorry, again, more confusion. It was 1.71 this past season. He was still considered a rookie in it so I consider it his rookie season.

Also I'm not going to debate whether 5 on 5 points mean more than PP points, but to me points are points whether you get them even strength or on the PP.

I don't necessarily disagree, I just wanted to point out that 9 times out of 10 when people discuss P/60 it's using 5-on-5 numbers only. And the 1 other time it happens it often just causes this confusion.

Since PP points were brought up, all 3 of them were among the league leaders in powerplay points this past season. Nylander had 27, Drouin 25, Marner 21.

So while they may be comparable, I still think Nylander and Marner will get a higher salary than Drouin, especially if they continue to build  upon the seasons they just had.  It would be in the Leafs best interest to work out Nylander's deal this summer before he potentially has another great season.

Again, I don't disagree. But I think Montreal got pretty lucky with this contract, much like how we got lucky with Kadri when he had his contract year. If Stamkos stays healthy and Drouin got to play with an actually good centre at 5-on-5 then he's probably close to 70 points this season. I think if Nylander signs now then 6x6 is a pretty good guess.

I agree with you.  Montreal got a good deal, and hopefully the Leafs can work out something fair for Nylander and the Leafs going forward.  I know every player wants to maximize his earnings, but trying to sell him on the "home town discount" and keeping a young team together to win a championship could go a long way to the Leafs building a winner.  I've seen other teams able to lock up players on seemingly less than market value contracts, so let's hope the Leafs can knock one out of the park with the Nylander deal which would set the stage for Eminem next summer.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »

It has to be. Everybody knows that Dubas isn't allowed to make decisions.

:)

I'm just bored waiting for exciting things to happen, kindly go back to ignoring me and carry on with your serious analysis.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »