Author Topic: Leafs @ Capitals - Apr. 21st, 7:00pm - CBC, Fan 590  (Read 3958 times)

Offline mr grieves

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Capitals - Apr. 21st, 7:00pm - CBC, Fan 590
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2017, 03:27:37 AM »
But the Leafs haven't had a lead in this series since midway through the 3rd of game 2. To me that says you should be thinking about shaking-up what isn't working even if just for the sake of shake-ups.

Oh, I'm all for that. Marner's underperformance is the glaring weakness, so I understand the desire to get him going, but, from what I've seen, the spark he needs is as likely to come from him than getting moved to another line, which might create a tough matchup.

As for shake-ups more broadly, I think they could do themselves some good by shuffling other things around. In my wildest dreams, they'd try to create more matchup havoc but plugging a motivated Leivo in Martin's place and trying to get more out of the fourth line. More realistically, the powerplay's not been good, particularly in gaining the zone and setting up. That's a good reason to try to work Kapanen in, who's been pretty good about getting into the zone and getting to pucks quickly. He's also pretty good around the net.

But I'm sort of expecting Babcock to stand pat. He hasn't really shown himself to be very creative in juggling the forward lines.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:29:33 AM by mr grieves »

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »
I'll feel alot better about the Leafs game last night if the Habs get eliminated​ tonight

:)
Feeling much better

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »