Author Topic: Lightning @ Leafs - Apr. 6th, 7:30pm - TSN, TSN 1050  (Read 3629 times)

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning @ Leafs - Apr. 6th, 7:30pm - TSN, TSN 1050
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2017, 09:15:55 AM »
Their performance has really pi**ed me off

What a joke of an effort.

Tough for me to think this was an effort issue this late in the season. Something else is lacking.

Stop watching. 11-2-1 before Washington and Tampa. You're pathetic. I still love 'em.

I'm pathetic? Just because they had everything in their favour tonight. Everything! And they still came up with this performance. I'm the one who's pathetic? KMA, my friend. I've been watching this team longer than you've been alive and yet I'm still here. I have every right as a fan to be teed off and not look at them through rose coloured glasses.

This was extremely disappointing. Now they play 2 of the best teams in the NHL and will need to play an awful lot better and have now set themselves up for the Caps -if they make it.

Im with you 100%. Been following this team for ages and would never change that. been through a lot with this team going back with the Ballard days. Said it earlier this year couldn't be happier with this team. No one expected this I sure didn't but it would be a shame to miss the playoffs which I don't think is going to happen by the way. getting in is icing on the cake but games like tonight get me frustrated as well. Effort just wasn't there considering what was on the line.We talked the other night about making it and I agree a Cap series would be short lived unfortunately. Sure some say you have to play the regardless but I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup run but would be unbelievable to go to the second round.

Offline McGarnagle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
I find it sort of funny that the Leafs' unsustainably amazing record over the last 10 has set up the malcontents to tear them to pieces in two failed attempts to seal it.

In the those two games, they played teams which were capable of playing better than the leafs at this stage in their development (yes, even tampa), and they did. It wasn't a question of who wanted it more, or choking, or lack of grit.

Offline wnc096

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »
I find it sort of funny that the Leafs' unsustainably amazing record over the last 10 has set up the malcontents to tear them to pieces in two failed attempts to seal it.

In the those two games, they played teams which were capable of playing better than the leafs at this stage in their development (yes, even tampa), and they did. It wasn't a question of who wanted it more, or choking, or lack of grit.

Dude...If they lose 4 straight at home and miss the playoffs....that will be a choke job no matter how rose coloured your glasses are

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2017, 11:57:51 PM »
As opposed to having a normal record where they'd be on the outside looking in, right?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
As opposed to having a normal record where they'd be on the outside looking in, right?
What's a "normal" record?  The Leafs pushed and played themselves into a playoff spot only to crap their pants when the games mattered most. Lose 4 in a row at home (for the first time all season mind you) and that's a choke.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
I really wouldn't look at it that way. They should've played better against Tampa, sure, but Tampa just ran over Montreal as well. They had no business being here before their 14 game run which was nothing short miraculous - you know that.

If the outcomes were closer to their analytics during the run they would've had a couple more losses and instead of "well they crapped the bed" we'd be saying they fought hard but we didn't expect them to make it. Now they are up against two of the best teams in the league on a back to back and they crapped the bed? I wouldn't pick the Leafs in any games against Washington, Pittsburgh or Columbus and Tampa is on their tear now.

And either way no point in bitching since the fat lady hasn't even stepped on stage yet.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline McGarnagle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »
I really wouldn't look at it that way. They should've played better against Tampa, sure, but Tampa just ran over Montreal as well. They had no business being here before their 14 game run which was nothing short miraculous - you know that.

If the outcomes were closer to their analytics during the run they would've had a couple more losses and instead of "well they crapped the bed" we'd be saying they fought hard but we didn't expect them to make it. Now they are up against two of the best teams in the league on a back to back and they crapped the bed? I wouldn't pick the Leafs in any games against Washington, Pittsburgh or Columbus and Tampa is on their tear now.

And either way no point in bitching since the fat lady hasn't even stepped on stage yet.

Well put.  8)

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »

If the Islanders had called up Halak like a week or two earlier they'd be in the playoffs. He's 5-1 with a .949 save percentage since coming back up from the AHL. If the Leafs make the playoffs they'll have Garth Snow's bizarre decision making there to partially thank for it really.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »