Author Topic: Devils @ Leafs - Mar. 23rd, 7:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Devils @ Leafs - Mar. 23rd, 7:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
 I forgot about the tank-scenario, but there's no "sure thing" in this draft like the last few years.  I guess Patrick is the consensus #1, but he's not being talked about in the same vein as Matthews, Eichel or McDavid so I dunno.

Offline Coco-puffs

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
I forgot about the tank-scenario, but there's no "sure thing" in this draft like the last few years.  I guess Patrick is the consensus #1, but he's not being talked about in the same vein as Matthews, Eichel or McDavid so I dunno.

I don't think it matters who's available in the draft- you still want to improve your possibility of winning a lottery spot or, if you don't win, not falling too far from the Top 6 positions.  Arizona is only 3 pts back and a couple of win's moves the Devil's from 28th in the standings to 25th in the standings.  Even in a weaker draft, I'd rather draft 4th than 7th.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »

People aren't talking about Patrick as being a sure bet star player like McDavid or Matthews but I think consensus is pretty strong that he's going to be a good NHL player.

Either way, they said more or less the same thing about the Ekblad draft. You never know.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Coco-puffs

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »
With Sosh and Fehr out and Leivo in, I'm wondering what Babcock does with the PK.  Prior to last night Babcock was going with a steady cycle of Hyman, Komarov, Brown, and Sosh with Boyle mostly doing FOGO.  Most of the season he's tried rolling with 5 forwards in that manner.  When Fehr went in for Sosh that didn't surprise me at all... Leivo isn't going to PK and Fehr is right handed and takes face-offs.

Now that Fehr is out does he trim it to just the 4 guys above?  Out of the guys in the lineup this evening, Martin has the next most PK time on the team followed by.... Marner.

I think Martin on the PK won't happen.  The reason Boyle does FOGO is he's slow and the Leafs play a high-pressure PK that rely's on speed. 

Anyways, all that to say I'm actually hoping Marner gets some limited minutes on the PK tonight.  I think he'd be very effective on the PK long-term for the Leafs.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
Anyways, all that to say I'm actually hoping Marner gets some limited minutes on the PK tonight.  I think he'd be very effective on the PK long-term for the Leafs.

I'm surprised that Kadri doesn't see more time killing penalties. Last season Babs even mentioned wanting to transition Kadri into a PKer for this season.

Offline Downtown Connor Brown

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
With Sosh and Fehr out and Leivo in, I'm wondering what Babcock does with the PK.  Prior to last night Babcock was going with a steady cycle of Hyman, Komarov, Brown, and Sosh with Boyle mostly doing FOGO.  Most of the season he's tried rolling with 5 forwards in that manner.  When Fehr went in for Sosh that didn't surprise me at all... Leivo isn't going to PK and Fehr is right handed and takes face-offs.

Now that Fehr is out does he trim it to just the 4 guys above?  Out of the guys in the lineup this evening, Martin has the next most PK time on the team followed by.... Marner.

I think Martin on the PK won't happen.  The reason Boyle does FOGO is he's slow and the Leafs play a high-pressure PK that rely's on speed. 

I'd actually like to see what Matthews could do on the PK. He's such a beast on the puck. Put him and Marner out there and watch the SHG's pile up... 8)

This is a game they had better win so GO LEAFS GO!
"He's got some bite and some jam."  - Bob McKenzie

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »

I'd actually like to see what Matthews could do on the PK. He's such a beast on the puck. Put him and Marner out there and watch the SHG's pile up... 8)

This is a game they had better win so GO LEAFS GO!

This is the type of game opponent that our Leafs play down to and lose.  Break this habit tonight!

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
WOW ANOTHER TINGLING PLAYOFFLIKE ATMOSPHERE TONIGHT AS THE LEAFS SQUARE OFF AGAINST THE

n   e   w     
j       e        r        s        e     y   
d                e               v            i           l           zzzzzzzzzzz

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »
Bloof

That was McCrappy.

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 07:46:08 PM »
Yeah, here we go, down 1-0 to them already!

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »
Lunchbucket Leivo!

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
1-1... Leivo scores!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:55:37 PM by Al14 »

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
Battle of the backups....
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
The weird thing is that every time Leivo plays for us he seems to always score or at least be mucking it up. Good player that we will probably toss aside
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Mr. Leaf

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »
Makes you wonder why Leivo can't consistently get in the lineup!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »