Author Topic: Dougie Hamilton  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dougie Hamilton
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »
If they could make this deal without trading Carrick they could protect 8 skaters instead of 7F and 3D.

Protect: Kadri, Bozak, Brown, Leipsec, Rielly, Gardiner, Hamilton and Carrick.

Leaving Komarov, Martin, Leivo, Rychel and Marincin exposed. I don't think losing any one of those guys is a problem.

We could potentially run a D of:

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Hamilton
Someone-Carrick

Looks pretty good on paper.

Does JVR as the main piece going back make sense for Calgary though?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:51:15 AM by Deebo »

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
Does JVR as the main piece going back make sense for Calgary though?

I wondered that myself. I think that's sort of a function of if not JVR, who? Nylander or maybe Kadri seems to be the only other options and I think those would give more people pause.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:54 AM »
One of the tsn(seravelli maybe?) guys tweeted that Calgary is one of the 10 teams on JVR's no trade list.

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Brian Burke was on TSN today ranting and raving about the media, and about teams leaking false information. He said a team called him and inquired about Hamilton, and then made an insulting offer. That team then apparently leaked the offer to the media. Burke threatened to out the team if they keep it up, and said he would consider trading Hamilton if a team offered him 20 first-round picks. Typical Burke bluster.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »
Brian Burke was on TSN today ranting and raving about the media, and about teams leaking false information. He said a team called him and inquired about Hamilton, and then made an insulting offer. That team then apparently leaked the offer to the media. Burke threatened to out the team if they keep it up, and said he would consider trading Hamilton if a team offered him 20 first-round picks. Typical Burke bluster.

We need a great defender, but I think that might be too much for Hamilton.

So I'm out on Hamilton at that number.

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »
I remember Bruin fans talking about Dougie H being the 2nd coming on Defense.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/burke-on-rumours-people-have-no-goddamn-idea-what-they-re-talking-about~1006550

I never knew I missed a good Burke rant until I didn't have it for awhile. That parting remark was great.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:28:35 PM by herman »

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 01:33:52 PM »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/burke-on-rumours-people-have-no-goddamn-idea-what-they-re-talking-about~1006550

I never knew I missed a good Burke rant until I didn't have it for awhile. That parting remark was great.

It's funny that Hamilton was drafted by the Bruins because Burke traded away his first round picks for Kessel, now he wouldn't trade Hamilton for 20 first rounders.  Ok Burkie, keep it real.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure he said something similar about Schenn while he was here.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
I listened to the audio, Burke says team X leaked the Hamilton rumors.  Previously Kypreos had reported that both Arizona and Pittsburgh were kicking tires on Hamilton, I wonder which of the two teams leaked it?

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 02:11:11 PM »

Wait... who was Luke Schenn eventually traded for?

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »

Wait... who was Luke Schenn eventually traded for?

JVR.

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 02:52:02 PM »
Burke would be perfect in Trumps cabinet, Minister of Hot Wind.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline leafsjunkie

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 03:01:18 PM »
I *may* be ok with a JVR for Hamilton trade, I don't think they would do it - straight up.

Nylander, Marner and Matthews are basically untouchable, IMO.

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »
Truculence.
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »