Author Topic: Trade Deadline  (Read 7015 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Deadline
« Reply #165 on: Today at 10:54:31 AM »

He's either been traded or he's been given a maintenance day.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Today at 10:57:29 AM »
Or you believe they would move Sergachev or Foote for anything?

I think Foote could be in play for the right piece, but Sergachev is basically untouchable.

Late to the party here, but it's never too late to remind everyone that Sergachev was traded by GM Marc Bergevin of the storied Montreal Canadiens.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Today at 10:58:12 AM »
Or you believe they would move Sergachev or Foote for anything?

I think Foote could be in play for the right piece, but Sergachev is basically untouchable.

That makes me a sad panda. :(

On the plus side, Montreal trading this guy for a winger who has less points makes me feel better. :)

EDIT: Haha avro just saw your post, but it bears repeating.  Ad nauseum.

Online Coco-puffs

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Today at 11:15:12 AM »

He's either been traded or he's been given a maintenance day.

Day-to-day with an abductor strain

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Today at 11:17:04 AM »
"abductor"? That's clearly a made-up muscle that's code for somebody's been traded.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Today at 11:36:21 AM »
Hate to say it but I want this lad on the Leafs in the very near future.  JVR for all the right reasons should be moved for a good prospect and pick.
so hope Johnsson has a strain instead of a Plane.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: Today at 11:40:57 AM »
Friedman has also mentioned the Glendening-to-Toronto rumours in his latest 31 Thoughts:

11. Toronto certainly has interest in Luke Glendening, but I’m not sure how the Maple Leafs can do it for a draft pick. They’re at 48 contracts, two shy of the max, and they wouldn’t want to get back to 50.

It’s likely they discussed Nikita Soshnikov as part of the trade before the winger was sent to St. Louis, so it makes sense that maybe Josh Leivo could be part of this.

The other key would be a draft pick, and the two sides are a few rounds apart on agreeing.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Today at 01:04:45 PM »
Friedman has also mentioned the Glendening-to-Toronto rumours in his latest 31 Thoughts:

11. Toronto certainly has interest in Luke Glendening, but I’m not sure how the Maple Leafs can do it for a draft pick. They’re at 48 contracts, two shy of the max, and they wouldn’t want to get back to 50.

It’s likely they discussed Nikita Soshnikov as part of the trade before the winger was sent to St. Louis, so it makes sense that maybe Josh Leivo could be part of this.

The other key would be a draft pick, and the two sides are a few rounds apart on agreeing.

As of last night, Bob McKenzie said he thinks Glendening rumors to Toronto are dead based on the Wings asking price and Leafs won't offer up a higher pick.  Rumor is Leafs offered a 5th rounder.

Online Guilt Trip

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Today at 01:13:50 PM »

As of last night, Bob McKenzie said he thinks Glendening rumors to Toronto are dead based on the Wings asking price and Leafs won't offer up a higher pick.  Rumor is Leafs offered a 5th rounder.
Matt Martin for him...Do you do it? I'd be tempted. Think the Leafs have enough internally for a 4th line centre. Leo could go there or they could call Ben Smith up from the Marlies. He's having a decent year and a good pro.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Today at 01:21:36 PM »

If Lou isn't completely put off by the media getting wind of the deal - especially specifics of the deal - I imagine they'll revisit it closer to the deadline. That being said, with the amount of out there, I think it's basically dead.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Today at 01:29:41 PM »
In the LA LA Land Leafs front office in my head Dubas leaked this to the media so that he doesn't have to deal with the consequences down the line.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Today at 01:37:44 PM »

If Lou isn't completely put off by the media getting wind of the deal - especially specifics of the deal - I imagine they'll revisit it closer to the deadline. That being said, with the amount of out there, I think it's basically dead.

I hope Lou is actually that stubborn.  Somehow the rumored deal was leaked and now he won't make it on principal alone.  "Nothing leaks!"

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Today at 01:39:16 PM »

I think it was Friedman who mentioned this the other day. That if a Lou trade gets leaked, it probably means the deal is already dead.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares Drew Doughty

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Today at 01:39:42 PM »

Matt Martin for him...Do you do it? I'd be tempted. Think the Leafs have enough internally for a 4th line centre. Leo could go there or they could call Ben Smith up from the Marlies. He's having a decent year and a good pro.

I read or heard somewhere that a Matt Martin deal is more likely in the summer AFTER he gets his bonus of 1.5Million.  After that, the actual remaining salary to be paid to him from the original 10M is only 2.5M for the next 2 seasons. (that's 2.5million TOTAL of real money he'll get, cap number is of course 2.5)

Online Guilt Trip

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: Today at 04:04:05 PM »

I read or heard somewhere that a Matt Martin deal is more likely in the summer AFTER he gets his bonus of 1.5Million.  After that, the actual remaining salary to be paid to him from the original 10M is only 2.5M for the next 2 seasons. (that's 2.5million TOTAL of real money he'll get, cap number is of course 2.5)
Didn't know that, thx.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #179 on: Today at 04:04:05 PM »